Breast Sensitivity

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpectomy followed by 33 radiation treatments. I developed some really huge burns, which have healed. However, now I'm left with an extreme sensitivity of the skin on my breast as well as the nipple. It's very annoying and makes me irritable and miserable all day and all night long. The slightest touch of any kind of material like from a nightgown or T-shirt sends me into a state of apoplexy! Has anyone else had this type of reaction? If so, what did you do for it and how long did it last? I hate to sound like such a baby, but I'm at my wits end and so tired of being miserable. It's been 5 weeks since I completed my radiation. Thanks a bunch. Marilynn

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Marilyn, I've experienced sensitivity due to the surgery itself. I haven't had radiation, so I can't help you there. You should call the radiation oncologist and ask how long the sensitivity can last. Keep us posted, Hugs, LIli
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Hi Marilyn, I've experienced sensitivity due to the surgery itself. I haven't had radiation, so I can't help you there. You should call the radiation oncologist and ask how long the sensitivity can last. Keep us posted, Hugs, LIli

Thanks, Lili. That's what I've done. I'm still awaiting a return call. It's the waiting and not knowing that is so hard - as well all know too well.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I did not have that experience with my radiation treatments, but One of the ladies at the center I go to did. I think she used some type of prescription cream, not sure what. I know it got better by the time she went for her follow-up appointment 3 weeks after. Talk to the Dr.

seof