My Mother

missie_ech
missie_ech Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I am new to this site. My mother passed away if Colon Cancer on March 21st. The exact same this as Tony Snow at the age of 53 Colon spread to Liver Cancer. My life has sucked since then I feel scared of my turn although I have already been once and my sister and neice. Cancer sucks!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Hi Missie, glad you found us. sorry for your loss. Mom's are quite special and no one should ever loose one, but we do.

Stick around and read some posts, you will learn about hope in survival, as well as metting many caretakers that are dealing with many of the same feelings you have had, or are having.

Your right, cancer does suck. For me, it is trying hard to seperate three great kids from thier dad, and a loving partner of over 20 years. It does not care what mess it leaves behind. As a survivor, please remember that your body is not your mom's, so do not place that additional stress and fear into your life worring about getting cancer. Take steps today to keep your colon clean and get tested. Love your mom in memory for all the good that she was, and appreciate each day you have. I would bet you mom would want you to go on with your life being happy. So do that for her, do that for you.

I wish you peace for today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and .......
    Mark.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I'm so sorry about your mother. You're in our prayers.

*hugs*

Gail
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    You're right. Cancer sucks! I am so sorry about the loss of your mother. Losing a mother is devastating.

I have lost many members of my family, including my Mom, to this beast and when I got it I was tested. Turns out we have a mutant gene. If many of your family have had this particular beast, you may want to get genetic testing for FAP or HNPCC. That way you have a "heads-up" and know when and how often to get tested. Don't be afraid of the future. Just be prepared for it, but enjoy your life. My mother used to tell us that life is for the living, and that if we let fear or grief rule us, we are wasting a precious gift. Yes, you can't help but grieve and get angry at the beast, but you can fight back by living your life to the fullest. God bless and hugs.
    Kirsten
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Missie, so sorry about your mother.
    I was reading something by Nikos Kazantzakis that reminded me of the way I feel sometimes. Saddly I identify with Zorba. I've got to work on that.

Zorba came upon an old man planting an apricot seedling and asked why he, an old man, was planting a new tree. "I live as though I would never die," was his reply.
    "And me, I live as though I might die tomorrow," said Zorba, "which on of us is right?"

Jo Ann
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss, missie. I was just sharing with someone today about how many people I have had to say goodbye to in the last 4 years...it's a TERRIBLE disease!

I've beat it twice, so I feel pretty blessed. I am doing everything I can to get the word out to keep up on checkups, and if anything changes, ask your doctor...

Hugs, Kathi