Hope

JMARIE66
JMARIE66 Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I wish Kerry's family and this entire board comfort and encouragement during this time of loss. I did not know Kerry, but I read the obit, tributes, kind words from others, and I searched her past posts and read them. She offered so much support and encouragement to others, when she herself was trying to survive. I sat here and cried, tears streaming down my face, for a woman who did so much for others and for the pain she and all here must endure. I do not have colon cancer, my husband does. I see what is has done to him and want to offer hope to all here!! Tomorrow he begins his 12th round of Folfox. Supposedly, this is the last. Here is to hoping for better tomorrows....

Comments

• dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    I agree.....here is hoping NED for your husband. Keeping you and him in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mary Kay
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    I hope your husband will get through the treatments with flying colors and have excellent health after that.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    There ARE great reasons to hope....and Kerry is a grand example of the right attitude...graceful patience, and an iron will to fight like heck!!!!

Prayers for your hubby....tomorrow WILL be better!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Thank you for your kind words of comfort.

I know your husband will rebound soon once he gets this last treatment finished. I know he will have many healthy tomorrows!!!

Hugs,

Kay
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Thanks for the post. each day I know that I will play a part in how my day turns out. I may not be able to control the weather, nor the cancer, nor the pain. I can't even control when the treatments are working and I am getting better. I can however control my attitude towatds it all.
    wishing your husband a big ole NED and may it last a lifetime.
    Mark.
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hi. I share your sentiment. Hoping for better tomorrows. My husband also , stage IV survivor and we continuing to keep the hope alive. It's so important to do that. Despite the sad news that we've heard this week, it's important for each of us to do that because those that we lost this week (and previously sadly )fought courageously and would not want us to do otherwise. God Bless and best wishes to your husband. Keep the faith
    Hugs,
    Diane