Hi!

changing2
changing2 Member Posts: 118
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Sorry I haven't written in awile as I was having difficulty logging on BUT I've been following you all and holding you all up in prayer esp. with the news of Kerry:( Also I noticed that Vinnie has not responded to a call for him. Does anyone know how he's doing?
Update for me: I was dx'd 7/06 Stage 3c colon but all MD's agree it should of been stage4. First did surgery then Folfox,then liver mets so did Fulfuri and Avastin but had to stop after 4 treatments as I was too ill and lost a lot of wt,BUT the liver mets were gone!Then on to radiation with 5FU for rectal node (resolved!) Was now was back on fulfori with Avastin for liver mets again .The Avastin has been dropped for now after I had lung embolism a few weeks ago....but on I go! Not sure...maybe I should of opt for some surgery or ablation etc to the liver in the first place but each time they suggested chemo first.What I do know is that this is the best I've felt during any chemo tx! Hope each of you find that niche during your treatments as well!

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm glad you checked in. It is a sensitive time for all of us, when one of ours falls....

I don't know anything about Vinnie...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Are your liver mets resectable? And if so, why have they not done so? I am happy that your chemo regimen has you feeling well, but if your liver is resectable, now might be a good time to ask about it. Monica
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    It's good to hear from you. I am glad you are feeling well.

Hugs,

Kay
  • changing2
    changing2 Member Posts: 118

Are your liver mets resectable? And if so, why have they not done so? I am happy that your chemo regimen has you feeling well, but if your liver is resectable, now might be a good time to ask about it. Monica

well the first 2 liver mets were gone with chemo but the 2 new ones are in different spots. So my thoughts are..well if I did get the surgery for the first 2 ...well now I'd still be having 2 new ones...so maybe surgery isn't the answer? Radiologist states 1 on them is too large to radiate. I may ask. Did you have liver resected? If so was it a long healing process?
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    good to hear from you. Loosing suchg a fighter as Kerry is really tough for me and I am sure many others. I can not express my discust for this heartless disease.
    I am so glad you are doing better with your current chemo. as far as the ablation is concedrned, don't forget you are the patient. If your doctor is not addressing your concerns, I would definetly get another opinion or discuss your conncern with the facilities medical director. I hope your answers come to you soon
    Mark.