CONGRAUTLATIONS TO ALL OF US!

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
From reading the recent postings, I began to realize that there is a huge group of us who have just finished or are just finishinig up with our chemo and/or radiation. GOOD FOR US! We are an amazing group of people, males and females alike. Let's keep our positive attitudes and always remembers where to turn when we need support. Hugs, Marilynn

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Congratulations to all of you finishing your chemo and/or rads. You all are an amazing group of survivors. Keep positive attitudes and keep posting. Love, Lili
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Hear! Hear! When I think back to how (literally) Deathly Afraid all of us have been~ itsn't it absolutely grand to be finishing treatment, and be on the encouraging end of this??

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hear! Hear! When I think back to how (literally) Deathly Afraid all of us have been~ itsn't it absolutely grand to be finishing treatment, and be on the encouraging end of this??

Hugs,
    Claudia

Let me jump in on this. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! My luv and prayers goes out to every last one of US that has gone thru this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE illness. WE ARE FIGHTERS!!!!! AND WE WILL WIN!!!!
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    You are absolutely correct and kudos to all. I finished a year ago and even with a positive attitude, we need to keep the "sisterhood" because there will be days that we need to chill with each other. Life is great and just getting better. I am going into surgery on the 6th for my last reconstruction...hooray. Angela
  • Unknown
    Options
    Congratulations! And here just a little note. I finished hardcore TX about 2 months ago. There is still some adjusting I have to do. I think it may be normal to feel a litte post traumatic shock syndrome. I don't say this to bring any rain down, but just to reach out a possible hand, now or in the future, if any of you meet a few bumps on the road. (While driving away from chemo as fast as we can!) Meanwhile, Yahoo! love, Joyce
  • sept30jk
    sept30jk Member Posts: 6
    Options

Let me jump in on this. HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!! My luv and prayers goes out to every last one of US that has gone thru this HORRIBLE HORRIBLE illness. WE ARE FIGHTERS!!!!! AND WE WILL WIN!!!!

RIGHT ON! MY WONDERFUL, AND BRAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS. WE ARE THE SURVIVORS, WE ARE THE SURVIVORS.............
  • tan39
    tan39 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    yes, i have to say that this chat room has been like not being able to put a good book down, you just keep coming back to it!!, we are all stronger from the support from each other via this site and dont know about the rest of you but it helped me get through the worst days. To have tips and info on how to handle the chemo has been a godsend. Wouldn't want to be "the beast"with us around it doesn't stand a chance, WE BEAT IT !! Love to all x
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Marilynn, for the reminder!

I just passed 2 years post-treatment, with no sign of the beast in sight!

On a sad note, tho, one of our dear semi-colons passed this morning. She was a grand lady, fighting till the end. It all reminds me that there is still a big fight to win....eliminating cancer altogether!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • sylva
    sylva Member Posts: 80
    Options
    I finished with the chemo one month ago.... and on Monday will go back to work again... hair is growing, the port is coming out on Friday!!!! So many things to be happy for. But this afternoon, after taking a shower, I looked myself in the mirror, and started crying. Still very very emotional, some days very positive and optimistic, other days, very sensible. But I know that we are strong women, stronger maybe than what we thought we were, and we have to continue living loving and laughing with a positive attitude.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    KathiM said:

Thank you, Marilynn, for the reminder!

I just passed 2 years post-treatment, with no sign of the beast in sight!

On a sad note, tho, one of our dear semi-colons passed this morning. She was a grand lady, fighting till the end. It all reminds me that there is still a big fight to win....eliminating cancer altogether!!

Hugs, Kathi

Who passed away Kathi? Was it someone from chat? Love, Lili
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Who passed away Kathi? Was it someone from chat? Love, Lili

No, dearheart, it was someone that has not been posting for quite awhile....Kerry was her user name...she had been in hospice for a few months...

Hugs, Kathi