Last chemo treatment Aug 5th!!!!!

Options
babebussie
babebussie Member Posts: 150
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi sisters, my last drip is aug 5th! I never thought the day would ever get here. It's been a long year, long! My dr.says that after this last treatment she'll be starting me on tamoxifen. I wont see her until the 5th but my question is how soon do they start you on the pill after your last treatment? What happens after they put you on the pill, will i see my onc.every week, month or what. I think i know what to expect from the tamoxifen but if anyone has anymore input then i'd appreciate it. I have so many things going through my head right now and this site speaking with you ladies really helps me alot. Thank you all so much for being there.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    HI Babe, I started Tamoxifen basically the day after my last drip. I was having hot flashes before that, and the tamoxifen made them worse. But all in all it hasn't been bad. My 2yr anniversary was in April.I see my oncologist every 3 months, my radiation doc. every 6 months and my surgeon every 6 mos. I think by about the 5 yr mark, the appointments will start to slowly spread out. I am in a clinical trial so I will probably be followed for many years. Hope this helps answer your questions. Take care, Eil
  • babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    unknown said:

HI Babe, I started Tamoxifen basically the day after my last drip. I was having hot flashes before that, and the tamoxifen made them worse. But all in all it hasn't been bad. My 2yr anniversary was in April.I see my oncologist every 3 months, my radiation doc. every 6 months and my surgeon every 6 mos. I think by about the 5 yr mark, the appointments will start to slowly spread out. I am in a clinical trial so I will probably be followed for many years. Hope this helps answer your questions. Take care, Eil

Thank you so much Eil for responding to my post. We all here have been through so much and although we havent met anyone i sure feel connected to everyone on here. It feels good to have chatted with so many intelligent women. I luv you all.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Babe: My dr started me on the tamoxifen 1 month after my last drip. I then saw him a month after that and now I see him every 3 months since I had the port removed. I hope to graduate to every 6 months soon. Hang in there. Love, Lili