Scheduled for Wednesday

BonnieR
BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Everyone, The schedule is a go unless the beds all fill up in ICU. Wednesday I go in, thurs/fri/sat/sun is chemo, Monday I get to rest while my son is at the donor unit for 5 hours giving up his NK cells. They did find a rare virus in his blood but said it could be a false positive reading. I am thinking that is what it is as he gives plasma all the time and have opted to go ahead with the transplant, it would be another 12 days waiting for the second test to come back.

Tuesday I get his NK Cells and the IL2 shots every couple days. I am going to ask for a laptop so hope to visit occasionally. I need to get back to organizing and cleaning, I'll miss you all but will be back soon. Hugs N Prayers Bonnie

Comments

• StaceyEle
    StaceyEle Member Posts: 12
    Where is this being done? How did they choose this process? Sounds promising! :) Stacey
  • aussie59
    aussie59 Member Posts: 48
    Bonnie I am so pleased to hear that you have a family member that is able to contribute towards your recovery. I am sure that between your sons precious gift and your determination everything will go well. We send our prays that everything goes well. Irene
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    This is so exciting! You are such a pathfinder for us all!!! I will hold you in prayer until we hear from you again. Hugs and Prayers coming your way. Saundra
  • carol2dogs
    carol2dogs Member Posts: 132
    Bonnie,
    This is so exciting! I am sure it must also be very scary, but you are so courageous! You are in our prayers and hopes. Many thanks to your son for his courage and love! Do well!!!
    Hugs and prayers, Carol.
  • Marydale
    Marydale Member Posts: 3
    Hi Bonnie, I am new to this site-diagnosed last summer and have been moved by your story as well as many others. I send you my prayers and good wishes.
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Bonnie you and your family are in my prayers! You are the Leader of the Pack! God be you through this and God give you super-natural peace and know that he is there with you every step of the way. My love and prayers are with you and I can't wait to here good news!
    Jan
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    I will be looking forward to updates on how this treatment is going. You are so brave. I will be keeping you close in my thoughts and cannot wait to hear good news. Hugs. Kris
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    kris43 said:

I will be looking forward to updates on how this treatment is going. You are so brave. I will be keeping you close in my thoughts and cannot wait to hear good news. Hugs. Kris

Many prayers of thanks for each of you. What an inspriration you all are!! Warriors that is what I think of when I think of this group. One of the bravest, strongest, loving warriors there could be. God be with you all ~ hopefully I will be posting or at least reading posts from the hospitals. Hugs N Prayers Bonnie

Where hope grows, miracles blossom ~ What comfort to be able put our worries, fears, anxieties, hopes all into God's hands and leave them there. Pray His comfort is with each of you also!
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Bonnie,
    I am sending you lots of hugs and payers for you and your family. You are so courageous!! I will be praying for you.
    Terry
  • Keelie
    Keelie Member Posts: 97
    Anxiously awaiting "great news" from you, Bonnie!
    Love with prayer, Keelie
  • lizper
    lizper Member Posts: 199
    Bonnie, couldn`t catch you earlier but I pray that everything comes out great.. this sounds promising and admire you for doing this..hopefully this will bring hope for all of us. A hug Liz
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Hi Bonnie, We've had visitors in town for a few days, and this is the first time I've taken time to come to the board. You know I'm pulling for you, too - and I'll pray that you come through this with great success!