Had first chemo 1 down 7 to go

base61ball
base61ball Member Posts: 125
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well it wasn't as bad as I thought, which was wonderful. Bouyed by all the support out there and my daughter going with me to hold my hand (I was a little nervous). So far just mild nausea (pills took care of it) and mild headache and a little tired - hoping it stays this way. You were right - it is different for everyone.

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I am glad it was not worse for you. For some each successive treatment has slightly worse side effects, but it was not that way for me.

Good luck, seof.
  • Good for you! I'm glad that it went well. I was one of those people for whom it got worse with each treatment. I hope you will have smooth sailing.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    HOORAY!! You can and will do this! Glad you didn't have too many adverse side-effects~ just know that your fatigue will no doubt be cumulative as the "cocktail" does it's work...and pace yourself accordingly! Did I remember to tell you to DRINK WATER???? If not~ consider yourself told! Sip sip sip...you need to keep hydrated and your system flushed!

7 to go....yippee!!! You'll do just fine!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • 1kitty
    1kitty Member Posts: 16
    Good Girl, take one day at a time and don't look back. I had good and bad days but it wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. Yes remember to drink but also drink gatorade it is full of minerals that your body needs, esp. the sodium, potassium and other good things. Hang in there and before you know it you'll be done. Patricia