Good CT scan for a stage 4 guy

impactzone
impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Even though I sometimes feel guilty writing this with so many people suffering. I did get my 3 month CT scan yesterday at Stanford and there remains NED. This now makes it 9 clean months after my lung lobectomy in 11/07 which is a small step but it feels good. It makes it amost 1.5 years with a clean liver which is pretty cool too. For a quick review... Colon surgery 9/06, chemo, pulmonary embolism, liver resection 2/07, chemo, lung mets and surgery 11/07. It doesn't seem possible to survive any of it but right now I'm so grateful and still don't understand why sometimes things go well and othertimes they don't....
Thanks all.. I read these posts everyday and sometimes I comment and other times I just don't know what to say but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
Impactzone

Comments

• Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Congrats!!!!

Good news is always welcome.

Maureen
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Wonderful news! And please don't feel guilty. I was dx'd Nov. 05, had full colectomy 01/06, liver resection 07/07, and now looking at possible lung surgery. Your story gives me hope and inspiration. Thank you. Monica
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    What good news, and after all you've been through! I know what you mean about not understanding why some things go well and the beast is tamed, and for others the results are not good. For all of us in this struggle, I think its important to celebrate and share all the good news and support each other through the bad times.
    Continued best wishes to you on this journey; NED is a gift, enjoy. All the best, Judy
  • jenhopesprays
    jenhopesprays Member Posts: 128 Member
    I am so happy for you. This is such good news. You have been at this for a while and it is nice to see what good can come from it. You are an encouragement to me.

Here is to a wonderful summer of NED. Kiss your family, coach your volleyball and enjoy life!!

Jennifer
  • apache4
    apache4 Member Posts: 272 Member
    Thanks for sharing the good news. I am Stage IV, mets to liver, since 6/06 and am so happy for you. I have a scan Monday to see if my new regimen is working. You have been through lots and deserve every piece of good news. I am sure the Lord has a purpose in letting you continue with good news. Linda
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    It brought a smile to my face to hear your good news. NED loves dancing with anyone.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Never feel guilty about having your health. Just enjoy it and get busy dancing with NED. *smiles* Think how I feel-Stage 1, operated on in Nov. '07 and no chemo. I come here sometimes and feel like I shouldn't complain for 1 second when I read what a lot of y'all have to go through.

Gail
  • ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    Awesome, awesome news. I am so happy for you.

May there be continued good health and scans.

Celebrate! You, and your family, deserve it!

Hugs,
    Cheryl
  • Melanie781
    Melanie781 Member Posts: 33
    Awesome; congratulations!
    My husband too just received good news after a CT scan last Wed. It has been over 4 months since my husband received chemo/radiation (Stage 3C rectal; surgery on 4/15; and waiting for adjuvant chemotherapy.) We are going to Stanford to meet with the Surgeon who performed and rt-groin lymph node surgery and hope to get the drain out after new drain put in after infection set in. Hopefully we will receive good news from Stanford also! :o)
  • vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    That's wonderful news and so nice for the rest of us to hear. Enjoy!. Keep us posted.

• betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Great news, please do not feel guilty is so encouranging to read about good results,it gives hope to so many people, specially to the newbies. God bless you
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Great news!! Glad you shard it. I hope you are enjoying every moment of good health, without any guilt!!
  • meucat
    meucat Member Posts: 7
    When u post your good news u are passing on hope to countless others :). Good news is the best news!!!!

CONGRATS :)
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Hey Impactzone!

Glad to hear of your success - awesome! I know you endured a lot and were concerned about your family as you battled your cancer, so it's great to hear that you are healthy and can now LIVE well and happily again.

You were diagnosed shortly after I was and I remember your earliest posts - I have to say I admired your consumer approach to finding the best treatment and treatment centers. I think that kind of proactive approach can be very empowering and very encouraging to the people who care about you. Many of us can learn from your approach and your experience - thanks for sharing with us.

Congratulations and many blessings for continued good health and happiness!

Katie

P. S. Being a California girl, I always wanted to know if your name came from the surfing lexicon? I always thought my cancer experience was like getting stuck in a brutal surf's impact zone.
  • winediva
    winediva Member Posts: 26
    I agree! Celebrate these good news moments and never be shy about sharing them. I'm a newbie Stage 4 gal and your story of recovery is both encouraging and inspiring. Now go savour a cold drink and wiggle your fingers and toes for me and the other folks in chemo :).
  • jenalynet
    jenalynet Member Posts: 361 Member
    I am so happy for you. great news, stay healthy..Hugs to you, Audrey.
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    usakat said:

Hey Impactzone!

Glad to hear of your success - awesome! I know you endured a lot and were concerned about your family as you battled your cancer, so it's great to hear that you are healthy and can now LIVE well and happily again.

You were diagnosed shortly after I was and I remember your earliest posts - I have to say I admired your consumer approach to finding the best treatment and treatment centers. I think that kind of proactive approach can be very empowering and very encouraging to the people who care about you. Many of us can learn from your approach and your experience - thanks for sharing with us.

Congratulations and many blessings for continued good health and happiness!

Katie

P. S. Being a California girl, I always wanted to know if your name came from the surfing lexicon? I always thought my cancer experience was like getting stuck in a brutal surf's impact zone.

Long time Ca guy and active surfer
    Thanks!
  • jel1940
    jel1940 Member Posts: 29
    CONGRATS! Good news is always welcome. Keep dancing with NED!

Be blessed,

Jude