Last chemo treatment!!

sylva
sylva Member Posts: 80
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yeah!!!!!!! I'm so happy. Yesterday I got the last chemo session that was planned. One more step in this journey. I can't believe it. When I got the diagnosis 3/13, I felt my world was coming down, now, thanks to God, my friends, my dear honey, all of you here, many good organizations, Gilds's club ... I can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
Next week I'm going to see the surgeon to talk about reconstruction. But that's another story, I need to investigate more, but I don't think I'm going to do it. My boobs were always small, and I don't feel like going through surgery again, and if it doesn't strecht, they have to take skin from other part of the body... I'm sure that this is so different for each person.
I need to get more knowledge.
But this fist step is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you all!

Comments

• liz11808
    liz11808 Member Posts: 34
    Congratulation!!! I'm with you on this wonderful day. God bless you and take care. Liz
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Congrats Sylva! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? Now on with the rest of your life.

I had reconstruction after a lumpectomy, chemo and rads. Everything went good.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Great News Sylva: There is light at the end of the tunnel and you just stepped into full sunlight. It does feel great once it's over, doesn't it? I am happy for you. Hugs, Lili
  • WONDERFUL NEWS SYLVA!!!
    I did not have recon after loosing both breasts and it was the right choice for me, but whatever you decide, I wish you all the lovelies the world has to offer you.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    HOORAY to you Silva~ I also send you best thoughts for many, many years of good health and happiness! I had a lumpectomy and did not have any reconstruction, but of course, everything is indeed a personal decision.

Again, congratulations on this milestone!

Hugs,
    Claudia