chest popping

Options
0927 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This may sound crazy but I had a mascetomy 2yrs ago and just recently I have had this popping sensation on the side where I had surgery. Sometimes it is so strong it wakes me up. It happens at nite and is very active when I lay on my back. Anybody ever heard of this. The doctors are scrathing their heads.

Comments

• cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Is it a muscle spasm? You didn't say that this popping sensation was painful, but I wonder if you can feel with your fingers where it is. That might tell you a bit more. Good luck diagnosing it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have something similar. I had one radical mastectomy in 1986 and another in 1988(no recon). Nothing happened for years, but just the last few years I have noticed a 'pop' sound in my chest (like cracking a knuckle...no pain...just the noise). It seems to happen when I sit up out of bed or otherwise change position suddenly. Haven't asked the dr about it cuz it don't seem to mean anything...like I said, been happening once in awhile for oh...3-4 years now. ????? I dunno.
    0927 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    unknown said:

I have something similar. I had one radical mastectomy in 1986 and another in 1988(no recon). Nothing happened for years, but just the last few years I have noticed a 'pop' sound in my chest (like cracking a knuckle...no pain...just the noise). It seems to happen when I sit up out of bed or otherwise change position suddenly. Haven't asked the dr about it cuz it don't seem to mean anything...like I said, been happening once in awhile for oh...3-4 years now. ????? I dunno.

Wow, that sounds like it. I'm going to ask my doctor, I'll let you know what he says.
    Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this weird thing.
  • artifact hunter
    artifact hunter Member Posts: 11
    Options
    popping
    Hi:

I didn't have a masectomy, but I am a Massage Therapist. My thoughts are that it might be scar tissue that has tied down to your ribs. It might be the scar tissue moving over the ribs. I'll be interested to know what more you find out from docs.