Message from Kerry

Options
JADot
JADot Member Posts: 709 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All,

I went to Austin and visited Kerry yesterday. Although she looked very weak, she remained the amazingly beautiful and gracious person we know. I told her about the 30+ messages on the board which such an outpouring of love and concern for her. She said she was very touched by it, and asked me to post and say hello and to thank all those who have been thinking about her.

While I was there, I also had a chance to visit with her husband Merriman, daughter Kourtney, her mother Jane and her hospice nurse, who is herself a cancer survivor. While it was heartbreaking to see what the dreadful disease has done to Kerry, I must also add that she is surrounded by the love of her family, friends and other semicolons. In her sun-drenched room filled with flowers and overlooking the rolling Texas hills, she seemed to have come to peace with it all.

As I bid farewell to her, I gave her a long hug and told her that she was a very special lady who touched everyone who knew her, that we all loved her, and wished her peace and serenity.

Ying

Comments

• ruggersocks
    ruggersocks Member Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this update. My heart aches right now for Kerry and her family.

Lord - thank you for surrounding Kerry and her family, friends with your grace and love. As she draws near to you, may the path be filled with the knowledge that she is loved by many. Amen.

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ying,

Your message was beautifully said. My heart goes out to Kerry and her family. I met Kerry at the last Colon Palooza in Nashville. She is indeed an amazing beautiful person. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hi Ying!
    Thanks for the update. I am very glad to hear that she is surrounded by loved ones and that the sun is shining in on her.
    Take care, it's good to see you back on the forum,
    Susan H.
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Ying,
    Thank you so much for visiting Kerry and posting this update; I am in tears as I read. If I remember correctly, Kerry found this site after her initial round of treatment, and started posting to offer support to those still battling. She was so gracious and concerned in reaching out to so many here, and often downplayed her own struggles with this disease.
    I'm grateful that you were able to convey some of our good wishes and prayers to her. Judy
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am relatively new on the board but my thoughts and prayers go out to Kerry. She sounds like an incredibly thoughtful and caring person. I wish her peace and acceptance.

Pam
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    pamness said:

I am relatively new on the board but my thoughts and prayers go out to Kerry. She sounds like an incredibly thoughtful and caring person. I wish her peace and acceptance.

Pam

Like Pam, I'm relatively new and didn't really have a chance to get to know Kerry, but it sounds like she's touched a lot of people here. Thanks for letting us know about your visit with her.
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ying, I'm glad you're safely back home. It's so devastating when one of us begins to stumble. It makes the rest of us push even harder on their behalf.

Hugs,

Stacy
  • pink05
    pink05 Member Posts: 550
    Options
    It is very heartbreaking to hear about Kerry. Her story was very inspirational to me when I first joined this forum. God bless you Kerry. you and your family are in my prayers.

-Lee-
  • RunnerZ
    RunnerZ Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Ying, thank you for the message. When I lost my mother to cancer 25 years ago (I was 20), I did not yet understand the beauty of what occurred in my house. My mother was surrounded by her family until the end. I pray for Kerry and her family, but know that they barely need my prayers: God is taking care of them in his (or her) own beautiful plan. I do pray for each of us, to perservere the times when the disease threatens one of us yet again. Stay strong survivors!!
  • DK2006
    DK2006 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Thanks for the update on Kerry. She continues to be an inspiration to me.
    Donna
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ying for not only the update but acting as the Semi-colon ambassador to our wonderful compadre, Kerry.

peace, emily