It's been awhile

Options
pink05
pink05 Member Posts: 550
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted, but I read your posts every day and keep you all in my prayers. There are so many newbies on here!!! Just want to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me. My name is Lee. My dad was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 1/2 years ago. He was first stage III, then a CAT scan two months later made him stage IV with two liver mets. Anyway, he went through six months of chemo, and has been cancer-free ever since July of 2006. His story is truly a miracle to me since he didn't have any type of surgery for the mets.

He has been taking supplements ever since his diagnosis and I think that may have helped, but I think what has really helped my dad were my endless prayers and the prayers of others.

My father will be 79 this month and has so much energy. This past month, he has done my entire landscaping and garden (digging up dirt, lifting heavy bricks, etc...). Now, I don't know what tomorrow will hold for him (I guess nobody ever knows even those who don't have cancer)-thats life, I guess. But my dad has been truly blessed. Miracles do happen-I see it everytime I see my dad. Two years ago, I wasn't sure if my dad would be here today, but he's here and determined to be here for a while. God has really been good to us.

For those of you who feel discouraged, please don't lose faith or ever give-up!!!

Love you guys!!!

-Lee-

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    What an uplifting story! Thank you for sharing.

Gail
  • valeriec
    valeriec Member Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lee-
    So glad to hear that your dad remains in good health. Enjoy your summer. I agree, prayer is a wonderful thing:)
    Hugs and God bless-
    ValerieC
  • StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT NEWS, LEE!!! I knew that having you in your dad's corner would be a great benefit! Remind him that we are all very proud of his accomplishment!!!!

Happy Monday!

Stacy
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Great news, Lee, and thanks for the update. Enjoy each day with your dad; you both sound pretty special! All the best, Judy
  • Kanort
    Kanort Member Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hi Lee,

It's so good to hear from you. And for those newbies, pleae know that Lee was a wonderful advocate for his father. I'm sure that Lee's support contributed to his father's wellness.

Lee, please give your dad a hug from me.

Kay
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Lee, we are very happy about the update. I've been away from CSN for a little while also. Life got in the way so I understand about your not posting, but your news is too good to keep to yourself. Pop in more often and let the newbies benefit from your wisdom.
    Jo Ann