having colon problems

Options
ladybug52
ladybug52 Member Posts: 41
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi: It has been a couple of years, since I have posted on this site,was diagnosed with colon cancer 1st stage 2 years ago in may. Had an operation and they go it all, no chemo needed. had a hysterectomy in April of this past year, the
anesteologist told me that I should have had some radiation on my colon. I have been having some problems with constipation and and other things, have appointment with gastro doctor, in September, to have a colonoscopy a year early, but I think my cancer has returned.

ladybug

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I hope your cancer hasn't returned, but it's certainly good to have a checkup if you are having symptoms again. I'm confused by the remark that you should have had radiation on your colon. From what I've been told and have read, no treatment beyond surgery is what is usually recommended for Stage 1. That's what I was diagnosed with in November, and I didn't have further treatments. Good luck with your colonoscopy. Let us know!

Gail
  • jsabol
    jsabol Member Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Hi ladybug,
    I was sorry to hear about your current problems, but why would your anesthesiologist be so sure you should have had radiation, which is not usually used for stage I colon cancer?
    If you are having symptoms, I would see your GI doc asap to have your questions anwered. September is far too long to wait if you are worried.
    Judy
  • TY2HC
    TY2HC Member Posts: 46
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I have been having some issues as well here lately and all is well. I realize it is hard to not think that your cancer has returned. I was thinking the same thing. Did they give you something to help with the constipation? I wish you well.

Chris
  • SoftaRae
    SoftaRae Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi ladybug52,
    I agree wholeheartedly with judiths - if you're worried, you should see if you can get your colonoscopy done as soon as possible.
    SoftaRae
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the comment that you should have had some radiation - not standard for Stage I at all or why the doctor would even comment on it. I agree with everyone, get a colonoscopy asap, but I'll just bet that it isn't cancer causing the problem. Did your doctor give you something or recommend something for the constipation.

All the best, Pam
  • jel1940
    jel1940 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi! I had stage 2-3/4 June 07 and had no chemo or rads. No routine to have same fore stage I. I have gastric problems: extreme gas, frequent diarrhea, cramps and lower abdominal pain. I go for my 1 year post surgery colonoscopy next week. I'm treated by the Mato Clinic in Scottsdale and can't say enough good things about my care there.