Getting ready for Chemo

Options
PattyB5533
PattyB5533 Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get everything ready. Finding alot of tips and concerns by reading the boards. I'm getting my prosthesis on the 3rd and leaving to get married on the 4th. wedding june 6th, I come home 13th and start my chemo mon am the 16th. A-C-T. I have the MUGA scan tomorrow, and I set up to have the neulasta delivered on the 14th. I am so NOT ready to do this. But as I've read the end result is worth it. Please say a little prayer for me, so I can hit the ground running when we get home. I hope I don't lose my new Boob in the water! Yikes that would scare the kids. LOL Patty

Comments

• liz11808
    liz11808 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello Patty,
    I will pray for you and best wishes on your wedding.

God bless,
    Liz
  • Cindy54
    Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
    Options
    PattyB..you go girl!! Congrats and best wishes to you on your upcoming wedding. Here's to many, many happy years ahead for the two of you. I hope your treatments go well,as I am sure with your great attitude they will. All the best!!! Cindy
  • Unknown
    Options
    Patty,
    What an inspiration you are for all of us! It is so wonderful to see someone who is out there grabbing all life has to offer in spite of the 'c' setback.
    You are going to do fine.
    God bless you and your new family.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding Patty.

You have a rough road to travel ahead of you, but yes I believe the results are worth it. I will say a prayer for you.

Keep us posted
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Sending up prayers for you...

Have a lovely wedding! (Actually, I was in a fashion show 4 days before my first infusion, and it REALLY helped to have something positive to look forward to, instead of that first infusion).

Hugs, Kathi
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! Lots of new beginnings all at once! keep in touch with this site, and keep your chin up.

You are an inspiration. seof.
  • PattyB5533
    Options
    seof said:

Love your attitude! Lots of new beginnings all at once! keep in touch with this site, and keep your chin up.

You are an inspiration. seof.

You Ladies are my inspiration, I'll be saying a prayer of Good Luck to Liz11808 on 6-6 last day of chemo oh yeah. Thanks everyone I will keep in touch
  • bearpr
    bearpr Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Patty,
    Do not be scared, as know have gone through it.
    You will make it, as going on 6 years cancer free. But did have ratio and chemo. Plan for your wedding, you will be beautiful. Saying a prayer friend, and your new husband. Am here to help.
    Cindy
  • liz11808
    liz11808 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    bearpr said:

Patty,
    Do not be scared, as know have gone through it.
    You will make it, as going on 6 years cancer free. But did have ratio and chemo. Plan for your wedding, you will be beautiful. Saying a prayer friend, and your new husband. Am here to help.
    Cindy

Hello Patty,
    Thank you for your support. I will be brave next Friday for my last round of chemo because I now know that I am not alone on this. All your prayers will help me go through this. Take care and be happy on your big day.

God bless,
    Liz
  • Unknown
    Options
    Patty, congrats on your wedding! I hope you have an amazing day! I also had ACT. It was a bit rough for me but still very doable. Will say a prayer for you. Blessings and keep us posted on your journey. Eil
  • Unknown
    Options
    Patty, I think your wedding is going to be attended by a lot of invisible sisters! Don't worry, we won't eat much at the reception, but we are there cheering you on, wishing you only the best. And we are here, anytime you need anything. Mazel Tov! Love, Joyce
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Congratulations! And, may I say a hearty WHOO-HOOOO to the amazing man in your life who loves you, and knows you are indeed a whole woman full of life and love to share!

As JoyceLouise said, you will be surounded by your sisters here on the boards, and we will eat Cyber-Cake and toast your new life with Cyber-Champagne as well!!

Here's to you!

And, we will also be with you every step of the way through the chemo, the Neulasta, and anything else you might need!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • kit45
    kit45 Member Posts: 89
    Options
    I am newly diagnosed with breast cancer and therefore new to this website and new to the American Cancer Society. I am having a breast MRI tomorrow to determine the size of my tumor. I already had a biopsy and am meeting my oncologists. I'm just looking for support and information as I am so scared and don't know what to do. My family and friends are very supportive but they too have no 1st hand experience or knowledge to help me. I hope your chemo treatments go well and my prayers are with you.
    I would appreciate anyone's response. thank you, Kit
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    kit45 said:

I am newly diagnosed with breast cancer and therefore new to this website and new to the American Cancer Society. I am having a breast MRI tomorrow to determine the size of my tumor. I already had a biopsy and am meeting my oncologists. I'm just looking for support and information as I am so scared and don't know what to do. My family and friends are very supportive but they too have no 1st hand experience or knowledge to help me. I hope your chemo treatments go well and my prayers are with you.
    I would appreciate anyone's response. thank you, Kit

Kit
    The American Cancer Society has a program called Reach to Recovery, the phone number is 800-ACS-2345, you can call 24/7 and speak with a live person.

The waiting game is the worst part as we don't know what to do, what to think (other than the worst)and who to talk to. I'm glad you came to this site. We might not have the answer you want but we can share our experiences and assure you that you are not alone.
    Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Patty
  • sp7981
    sp7981 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Patty,
    Congratulations on your marriage, and my advice is to take lots and I do mean lots of antioxidants the weeks you're not taking the chemo. In other words avoid everything the week of the chemo and then load up on expecially CoQ10, the best source you can find to protect your good cells. Even my oncologist has told me she can't believe how good I look after 2 rounds of chemo, surgery, and now radiaton. There are books out there to guide you in how to eat while taking cancer treatments, so look into that.
    Good luck and God bless.
    Sheila
  • PattyB5533
    Options
    sp7981 said:

Patty,
    Congratulations on your marriage, and my advice is to take lots and I do mean lots of antioxidants the weeks you're not taking the chemo. In other words avoid everything the week of the chemo and then load up on expecially CoQ10, the best source you can find to protect your good cells. Even my oncologist has told me she can't believe how good I look after 2 rounds of chemo, surgery, and now radiaton. There are books out there to guide you in how to eat while taking cancer treatments, so look into that.
    Good luck and God bless.
    Sheila

Ok everyone, I got that new Booby yesterday, I bet the security guards couldn't stop laughing as I walked through the store, I keep touching and feeling it. it feels so real. Off we go to get married. I will not be back until 13th. I will not have a computer with me. Cyber champagne and cyber cake for all my sisters out there. GOD BLESS == talk to you later. P.S. I did bring a book to read about good nutrition and exercise, decreasing side effects of chemo to read. Can't be kissing all the time. LOL love and hugs Patty