Question about Taxol problems

Options
hward2007
hward2007 Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my third round of taxol this past week, I have had some of the usually hands feet on fire, shakey, clumbsy droping everything in my hands kind of like beening drunk with out the drink, What bothers me the most is the shaking, like a parkerson's shake in my hands with the weakness in my armes and legs, also I have been vomiting to the point of dyhydration so today I got and extra dose of antimedics, fluids and electrlites, the other day I was completely incoherent the day after chemo and it scared my mom and husband, they weren't sure if I took something for pain or what, turned out to be an oh what the hell..moment. Any way any input would be great. And you can add chemo brain in a bad way, keeping up with time and days of the week hasn't been going so good for me..
Heather

Comments

• hward2007
    hward2007 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    I did my 4rounds A/C, six weeks off for bilateral masctomy then started back for 12wks of Taxol, first round sucked but better than A/C, 2nd round nausea vomiting dehydrtation as mentioned with the other fatigue and crap, 3nd round emotional reck depressed, skin discolored, but spent 4hr infusion today decrondron,zofran,fluids,electrlites just to get me to next treatment Wednesday 4th round and my numbers are slowly droping, I feel like crazy lady,
    Heather
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    hward2007 said:

I did my 4rounds A/C, six weeks off for bilateral masctomy then started back for 12wks of Taxol, first round sucked but better than A/C, 2nd round nausea vomiting dehydrtation as mentioned with the other fatigue and crap, 3nd round emotional reck depressed, skin discolored, but spent 4hr infusion today decrondron,zofran,fluids,electrlites just to get me to next treatment Wednesday 4th round and my numbers are slowly droping, I feel like crazy lady,
    Heather

Hi Heather:
    I didn't do Taxol but Adriamycin and Cytoxan and also had the vomiting and chemo brain. My doctor prescribed, anzemet which helped tremendously with the vomiting. You should also tell the dr when you go next because they can give you meds through the iv before giving you the infusion which will help. It really sucks to have to go through this but you will make it. Sending you hugs, Lili
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    I had 8 weeks of dose dense A/C and then 12 weeks of Taxol. The A/C caused a host of problems that when away when If finished and I started Tax right away. I didn't have anything but muscle pains in my legs during Taxo. A lot of women have an allergic reaction - you sound like a friend of mine who did have all of the side effects. She had her chemo at Mass General in Boston and they said she had an allergic reaction and switched her to another chemo agent. I suggested calling your oncologist and asking her/him whether it's an allergic reaction or if the administration is to rapid (are they pumping it in too fast)
  • loisbarrie
    loisbarrie Member Posts: 12
    Options
    taxol
    Taxol is tough. I had the same symptoms. My nails fell off and I also had peeling of hands and feet, and they really hurt. Couldn't pick up things or feel them. We did Neurontin for the lack of feeling...which hurts at the same time...weird. The neurontin helped a lot. We did have to hold off an extra week on an infusion due to the hand and foot syndrom which was really a hold over from the A/C rounds. So, yes, talk with your doc/onc. There are things that can help. It's not your imagination...Taxol is tough. Chemo brain....another issue. I still struggle with that one. I want neuro rehab and am fighting to get it.