Low&Stable

lfly
lfly Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Onc. appt. on Thursday said that my tumor markers are now low and stable at this time. No Onc. Dr.appt for 2 months. It's been a year since i was told that and I'm so happy. About the "Jaw Rot" I will take the penicillin for an undetermined amount of time and no more zometa for at least 2 months. He wants to see if it starts healing on it's own before he restarts it. If it doesn't then he'll let me know what is the best action to take.
In the meantime I will still be checked by nurse and lab reports to see if any changes take place. Before I go back to Onc. in July I will have the CT scan on abdomen and pelvis, chest x-ray, and bone scan. Back to the old routine. Small price to pay for living today.
Thank you all for being here. Your comments and e-mails are so uplifting because i know that we all have empathy for each other and soooo much love and hope.

Comments

• Lord, don't you love it when things actually WORK like they are supposed to?
    CONGRATS!!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Hooray for low tumor markers!! Take care of the rest of you, and don't forget to celebrate!! You deserve it~ and we rejoice with you!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Wow, it is actually working. Congrats, go out and celebrate. You sure deserve it. Love you, Lili
  • lfly
    lfly Member Posts: 50

Wow, it is actually working. Congrats, go out and celebrate. You sure deserve it. Love you, Lili

Thank you all!

I have been celebrating by taking my girls and future son in law and my grandson to the zoo. It was awesome watching them enjoy the day. I actually had the energy to walk the whole way, with lots of resting stops, but i didn't need a car to come get me. Wow! We then went out to eat and even that was great.

Thanks again and love you all much.