Sarcoma of Breast Rare Anyone else?

Options
PattyB5533
PattyB5533 Member Posts: 24
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone, new to the sisterhood, I had a surreal 9 days, 4-20 found a mass in rt. breast, 4-22 grew by 50%, I was able to get mammo and US same day, 4-23 had core bx in office, 4-24 had dx that mass was malignant and of the sarcoma family, still increasing in size 4-29 had total mastectomy with sentinel node sampling, mass was now size of tennis ball. Pathology shows carcinosarcoma of breast , margins clear no other masses noted, nodes negative, Grade 3 tumour. bone sacan and CT scans show no mets. mass was exactly 5 cm so they gave me T2N0M0. stage 2 I see an oncologist tomorrow, but I heard they were going to treat me as an infiltrating ductal carcinoma. Are there others out there with this type, i've been reading and saw that maybe treating as a sarcoma is better or with combo treatment. adriamycin is a choice for both but I keep reading about Ifex for sarcomas, Help very scared, want to be aggressive, I dont like the survival rate of 40% for this aggressive Ca. please respond PattyB

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hi Patty:
    Welcome to the sisterhood. Sorry to say that mine was DCIS and did not have your type of tumor. I was treated with cytoxan and adryamicin. Since you are seeing the onc tomorrow, ask him/her, what his opinion is. This is the time to ask lots of questions since you will be going through the treatments. If you can, take someone with you and write all your questions down so you don't forget any. Bring a notepad with you so you can write the responses. Lots of luck tomorrow and keep us posted. Hugs and prayers for you, Lili
  • PattyB5533
    Options

Hi Patty:
    Welcome to the sisterhood. Sorry to say that mine was DCIS and did not have your type of tumor. I was treated with cytoxan and adryamicin. Since you are seeing the onc tomorrow, ask him/her, what his opinion is. This is the time to ask lots of questions since you will be going through the treatments. If you can, take someone with you and write all your questions down so you don't forget any. Bring a notepad with you so you can write the responses. Lots of luck tomorrow and keep us posted. Hugs and prayers for you, Lili

Thanks, I have my list of questions, studies, e-mails etc. Armed and Ready! I also received some good info from the sarcoma alliance Dis. board. Thank you and I'll take all the hugs and prayers offered. Patty
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Hi Patty Sorry I can't help either. But I would like to send you a (((((((((big hug)))))))))). You are truly going through a rough time. I will send prayers your way also. Please keep us posted.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have experience with this either, maybe someone will answer who has. Still, it seems like you are as ready as you can be. you are in our prayers. seof
  • Unknown
    Options
    This may not be helpful, and it may be wrong, so check with your doctor. I understand that some cancer masses may be surrounded with non cancerous tissue so that the mass may be larger than the cancer.
    With odds, what makes the difference? I think an important part is your willingness to treat it aggressively, with knowldege and organization. Also, be proud of your body, your nodes have been successful in staying clear. You have a good team for a good fight! And the well wishes of all of us. Love, Joyce
  • PattyB5533
    Options
    unknown said:

This may not be helpful, and it may be wrong, so check with your doctor. I understand that some cancer masses may be surrounded with non cancerous tissue so that the mass may be larger than the cancer.
    With odds, what makes the difference? I think an important part is your willingness to treat it aggressively, with knowldege and organization. Also, be proud of your body, your nodes have been successful in staying clear. You have a good team for a good fight! And the well wishes of all of us. Love, Joyce

Hello everyone, I saw the oncologist friday, she said my tumour was Not a true sarcoma, she said I had spindle and giant cells mixed in. They are saying it is a mixed tumour= metaplstic Carcinoma with sarcomatoid features. She stated that it is very aggressive and we needed to be aggressive also. I start my chemo 6-16 ( I'm getting married 6-6 or I would of started that week. Adriamycin-Taxotere-Cytoxan 6 cycles, she said she would send me to a radiation oncolgist for a consultation, possibly a few of those also. I'm scared also, but am finding support and comfort in these posts. I'll be reading any hints you send us newbies. Thanks Patty B