Aromasin

Options
bigsister4
bigsister4 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I started taking this drug after my ovaries were removed 6 months ago. I'm having severe joint pain, which is a side effect of the drug.Can any one relate to this problem, and anything to help.

3 year survivor

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    bigsister, the name you chose brought a smile this morning because I am the "little sister" of 3, and our oldest was a survivor for 6 years...now she's cancer free, dancing on the beaches in heaven!
    First, congratulations on 3 years! I am one year so far, still going through the treatment process.

Now for your question: I have no exprience with Aromasin or joint pain (I got lucky with my chemo) but I always say the first source of information is your Doctor. This site is a good source, and I have read some postings about joint pain and how others have dealt with it, so be patient and I know you will get some good answers from others. One thought occurs to me: at the facility I go to there is a massage therapist that helps many of the patients with various types of pain, you might see if there is one at your place. What do you think, ladies...is massage a good idea for joint pain?

best wishes, seof
  • Unknown
    Options
    I am having joint pain, though I don't take Aromasin. I have thought maybe I should take glucosimine and condroitin that I hear about so much. I will read the responses to your post and learn too! Thanks. love, Joyce
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I also take aromasin. My feet used to bother me a lot. Recently I was tested for Vitamin D deficiency and found to be wanting. They put me on prescription Vitamin D and told me that my joints might feel better. Sure enough, they did. I also exercise religiously, but cautiously. I can overdo things and cause long lasting joint pain from inflamation very easily. My shoes now have orthodics and I avoid exercises that bother my toe joints (like "down dogs". Ibruprofin and I are old friends too, but now that I'm on Vitamin D I'm not quite so regular about popping the vitamin I. I tried ice baths too, but they didn't help for long. Neither did heat. Good luck.
  • bigsister4
    bigsister4 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    cabbott said:

I also take aromasin. My feet used to bother me a lot. Recently I was tested for Vitamin D deficiency and found to be wanting. They put me on prescription Vitamin D and told me that my joints might feel better. Sure enough, they did. I also exercise religiously, but cautiously. I can overdo things and cause long lasting joint pain from inflamation very easily. My shoes now have orthodics and I avoid exercises that bother my toe joints (like "down dogs". Ibruprofin and I are old friends too, but now that I'm on Vitamin D I'm not quite so regular about popping the vitamin I. I tried ice baths too, but they didn't help for long. Neither did heat. Good luck.

Thank-you for responding. I'm also taking vitamin D3, 1000 mg. I need to give it a chance to work.

Your all in my prayers