Rituxan and Fludarabine

RaiderMike
RaiderMike Member Posts: 1
Hello, I'm a 52 year old male who was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma). I underwent 6 treatments of just Rituxan in Jan/Feb. My bone marrow has gone from 70-75% occupied to 90-95% occupied with lymphoma cells. 5/19 I start Rituxan and Fludarabine for five days straight, three weeks recovery, and repeat the cycle for 4-6 months. I know this stuff effects people differently but how soon can I expect to lose my hair?

Comments

• winthefight
    winthefight Member Posts: 162
    Hello,

I am not familar with Fludarabine. But, when I was on different chemo tmts, my hair began falling out after 3 weeks. You may not loose any hair at all.
  • CandyLyn77
    CandyLyn77 Member Posts: 1
    Hello...I was on the chemo R-CHOP for NHL 6 rounds and I lost my hair within a week n half after my first round of chemo. R-CHOP has the following medications: Rituximab(Rituxan), Cyclophosphamide(Cytoxan), Doxorubicin hydrochloride, Vincristine (used to be called Oncovin)and, Prednisolone(Prednisone). Hope this is informative
  • ajbf
    ajbf Member Posts: 28
    my husband was on cladribine 4 one week 24/7 and rituxan treatments once aweek for 4 week, he didnot lose his hair. he was told that their was a chance he could lose his hair, but we notice his hair went stright and he had curly hair.
  • khwa011608
    khwa011608 Member Posts: 1
    Lymphoplasmacytic Lymphoma
    I am new to the discussion boards and was just looking around and couldn't believe I found someone that has this type of NHL! I am a 57 year old female. I was diagnosed in Jan of this year. I had 4 cycles of Fludarabine and Rituxan (3 days with 3 weeks recovery) with minimal side effects. No hair loss! Found out in July that my bone marrow involvement has gone from 40% to .07% so the doctor was very excited at my response. I hope you are doing well with the treatments. I am trying to regain my energy both mentally and physically. I am not working at this time but have a goal of returning. Is working something you have had to deal with? I have had only the bone marrow involvement - no tumors found in any lymph nodes. How about you?
  • Razorback
    Razorback Member Posts: 1
    Rituxan
    I took Rituxan for 2 1/2 years. 36 treatments all together. I never lost my hair and it did not make me sick at all. In fact, I gained 30 pounds and my sinus issues cleared, LOL. I have been 3 years in remission. The Benadryl made me sleepy, that is all the side effects I had. Hope this helps!!