An aPEELing Thing

Options
Cindy54
Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Ladies...I have started to shed my radiation skin and underneath is the baby pink start of new skin. Little tender, but I am glad to see the old dark brown peel away. Kind of like a fresh start for spring. To let the others know who are having radiation, it isn't too bad. A little itchy, a little ouchy, but once this peeling is over, WAHOO!!!

Just wanted to check in with all you guys. I am doing okay, still pooped as can be. I think this comes not just from the treatment, but also from the fact that I am starting my fourth week without a disability check. I think those folks have forgotten that this is supposed to be a time of healing and getting stronger, not a stress and worry time. I hope all of you are having some good as can be days. Hugs to all, Cindy

Comments

• CindyPR
    CindyPR Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Know the feeling as had to go through both breasts with lumps, and ratio 35 on each and chemo. So glad you are so well. Yes funny with the lotions and underarm detor. We survived how great.. Any help you need as have been through it, Cindypr. Praying for you.
    Cindy
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Hey Cinidy. I start my whole breast radiation on Monday. I sure hope that mine goes as well as yours. I'm ready for whatever, but after some tough chemo, I'm hoping the radiation won't be as hard on me. I have my biafine ointment, aquaphor, and Tom's of Maine deodorant. Although strangely, my bodily oils and perspiration of any type haven't returned yet. My hands are so slippery that I can't pick up a penny. Thanks for the encouraging report. Hugs, Mariynn
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cindy, Thanks for writing. I am so sorry that you have to add financial stress on top of everything else. I wish I were a rabbi or priest and could give you a blessing. It would go like this "May your new growth be the start of a life more wonderful than you have ever known before, and a life that is free of all financial worries" Amen. I am not a rabbi or priest, but I do believe that my positive energy, and that of your friends here will help you, and I wish you well with all my heart. AMEN! love, Joyce
  • loisbarrie
    loisbarrie Member Posts: 12
    Options
    question
    disabiltiy check? Was this from short term disability or something else? I am really struggling with chemo brain. I want some neuro rehab because I'm optimistic. Onc says maybe go home and live with my parents (I'm 47!)..Crazy. I'd like to go back to work...but in the mean time...I don't want to be another forclosure..