Recovering from surgery

lady342008
lady342008 Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hey Everyone, :) Things have been interesting since having my full hysterectomy on April 18th. I had a reaction from the anestisia and was really sick for HOURS until they found something that made me sleep through it. I received an eye injury during surgery that THANK GOD has recovered 100%. They dealt with my eye AFTER all my sickness had passed. They put medicine and eye patch on and gave me a steroid to help it heal. I did good for 8 days and day 9 I encountered a BAD INFECTION from surgery which brought on High Fevers that wouldn't go down, headaches, and complete exhaustion. It was an experience I can tell you. I had an emergency check up, then the next day I went for a CT and it showed an abscess with fluid around it and then 2 days later I saw my surgeon. I've been on antibiotics since and Thursday the 8th will be my last pill. I will be off med's one week to see that my body has healed and can be off med's before seeing my surgeon on the 15th. Over all as bad as all that may sound I've been doing good and like today slept for 1 1/2 hour nap. The pathology report came back negative, so there's NO CANCER. I'm SO RELIEVED not to have to tell my 12 yr old son.

I'm still very tired, but wanted to touch base and let you all know what's been up with me. I can't wait to get back on here and catch up with everyone.......

I hope and pray you all are doing well. Blessings, Sharon :)

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Yea!!!!!NO CANCER is the best news in spite of the complications. Glad to hear from you. Saundra
  • carol2dogs
    carol2dogs Member Posts: 132
    Sharon,
    You really had a horrible time with surgery - so sorry! Wow! How in the world did you get an eye infection? That's okay, you don't need to answer - just goes to show that one never knows what might happen with surgery. I certainly hope you won't end up needing additional surgery!
    I'm so happy for you that after all of the horrors of surgery, you had no cancer!!! Please get well. Sending lots of prayers and hugs.
    Carol
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Great News.. NO CANCER!
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Sharon:
    What wonderful news! Even in the midst of all these complications (and I know it must be rough), it must be like such a weight is lifted from your shoulders knowing that you are cancer-free!
    Congratulations and sending prayers for a quick recovery with your unfortunate situation. Let us know how you are doing and thanks for giving us such perfect news today!
    Monika
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    lady,
    There is no sweeter 2 words in the English language as "no cancer"!!!! Outstanding news..I'm so happy for you..sorry to hear you had such a tough time recovering..but at least your on the right road to healing. Again congrats on the great news.(((hugz)))~~Joanne