Radiant (radiation)

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to write to all those anticipating or undergoing radiation. I am halfway through my six week sentence. I have some burning, nothing much YET. But what I want to say is that somehow it feels great! It is a positive experience for me. I feel like that big ole piece of machinery is zapping me but good. Killing cancer cells where they may lurk. Of course chemo was supposed to do the same thing, but the side effects made it feel more like cancer itself. Radiation reaches in, and cleanses. Like bleaching your sink. This may be a silly post, but hey, when I can feel positive about something I want to share it. Radiation is making me feel like I am really doing something to get cured. You may be thinking, Joyce - are you sure your brain didn't get stuck in the rays? Maybe. But sisters, keep up the good fight and remind yourself, we are fighting back! And using a giant bug zapper! love to all of you, Joyce

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Great Post, Joyce! I also was so truly happy to be doing rads~ and thinking that the radiation was zapping any rogue cells which the chemo didn't get.

The radiation center was nice, radiation didn't hurt or frighten me, there were jigsaw puzzles and aquariums in the waiting room~ and Popcorn on Friday's!!!

Whereas I felt that I was walking a tightrope without a net after chemo, radiation was somehow liberating.

So~ I second your sentiments! And, for the record, you are radiant, indeed!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You are so funny. That's why I love you so much. Hugs, Marilynn - your ham(p)ster pal.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Great attitude!!! And, BTW, you ARE doing something to get cured!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    And just what's wrong with a "silly post"? I am of the same mind, and I think we need a bit more silliness in the world at times.

Jolly good show, miss Joyce! seof
  • Unknown
    Options
    Thanks for the support on this. I must say, I kind of shocked myself when I wrote it. I have gotten so used to complaining it took quite a bit for me to finally realize that for this, at least, I didn't really have anything to complain about. It has been a good check for me. I think I was running the risk of complaining first and asking questions later! As always - love, Joyce
  • MrsCM3
    MrsCM3 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for the post, Joyce. I have two more taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin chemos before I start radiation therapy and I've been of two minds about the process. Your post has lifted my spirits and given me a bit of encouragement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MrsCM3 said:

Thanks for the post, Joyce. I have two more taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin chemos before I start radiation therapy and I've been of two minds about the process. Your post has lifted my spirits and given me a bit of encouragement.

Dear MrsCM3. You are like me, also doing herceptin. It makes finishing chemo a bit of an anti climax. Like, "Whoopee! I'm done! See you in two weeks for some herceptin. (Instead of what SHOULD be the next sentence "I'm outahere!) So, know that herceptin doesn't count. I call my herceptin visits social calls. I wish you all the best! love, Joyce