Body aches and joint pain

Options
hward2007
hward2007 Member Posts: 62
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am 3wks post-op from my bilateral masctomy with the beganing of reconstruction. I went to day to get inflated but was in to much pain and to nerve sensitive my dr. is going to wait a week. But I have been having terrable bone & joint pain with muscle aches. Any one every get that after surgey or am I over reacting to starting Chemo next week, I have been depressed and really nervous about doing expansion on the same days as chemo. Any input would be great. One more question what pain medication can they offer? I have been taken percoset.

Comments

• 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    I had terrible muscle pain during and for quite awhile after Taxol and took Vicodine. It took a few weeks after chemo for it to go away. I've had arthritis since my late 30's so the joint pain - I don't know - I still have that and now with Aromisin - I have no idea what condition is responsible for that, but it is now managable with NSAIDS - I've been off the heavy pain meds for a long time. I also took it on and off after the mastectomy for several months.
    Hope this helps.
    s
  • amelia
    amelia Member Posts: 56
    Options
    It's a long shot, but you might suggest to your onc to have your thyroid tested. From what I'm seeing, everybody after a certain age and those who have had chemo and or radiation, should be tested. It is a very inexpensive, easy,
    ( finger prick) test. If you are hypo, as I just discovered, a lot of those aches, pains, hard to get rid of weight gain, and fatigue could possibly be fixed! ;-)
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Discuss this with your oncologist. I also experienced muscle and joint pain and it turned out to be my thyroid. I finished chemo in Nov, but with the sudden onset of menopause it affected my thyroid. Your oncologist can easily test you since he is already drawing blood to test your counts. Keep us posted. Love, Lili
  • hward2007
    hward2007 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    amelia said:

It's a long shot, but you might suggest to your onc to have your thyroid tested. From what I'm seeing, everybody after a certain age and those who have had chemo and or radiation, should be tested. It is a very inexpensive, easy,
    ( finger prick) test. If you are hypo, as I just discovered, a lot of those aches, pains, hard to get rid of weight gain, and fatigue could possibly be fixed! ;-)

I wanted to think everyone for there suggestions, I am hypo, but with everything else going on I didn't even think to have my levels checked.
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options

Discuss this with your oncologist. I also experienced muscle and joint pain and it turned out to be my thyroid. I finished chemo in Nov, but with the sudden onset of menopause it affected my thyroid. Your oncologist can easily test you since he is already drawing blood to test your counts. Keep us posted. Love, Lili

Now I know what all those pains were from - I thought it was the chemo. My TSH went from 1.0 b4 chemo to 48 after. It must have been the A/C that did the thryroid damage because the pains started on the Taxol - I also gained weight will getting Taxol.