I MUST be ok-I'm going to Turkey!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I just booked a 13-day tour of Turkey for November. I am sooooo excited! And we will return just in time to eat turkey...the bird, not the country....

I'm soo excited, and just another example to show that I am going to be around for awhile!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    How wonderful, Kathi! I'm sooooo happy for you! You're a true survivor, and we're all going to be right there with you travelling the world soon!

My best friend's parents own a house in Costa Rica, and my goal for next summer (besides buying a house), is to spend a couple of weeks down there. It's going to be one of the gifts to myself for surviving (not so much the cancer as much as the treatments!).

Let us know how Turkey is. I've heard it's incredible!

Many hugs,
    Krista
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun! That's awesome!

Gail
  • valley
    valley Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Kathy

I love reading your posts. I'm so worried about my husband I have a hard time planning anything.
    You are so good for me and my worrying. He was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer 01-30-06. His surgery was 05-08-06. He's doing great pet scans every 3months all clear except for activity in area of tumor from radiaton colitis. He has had several biopsies of this area and have all been ok. His pet scans are now every 6 months he is due the end of May. I'm so scared, we have a road trip planned for June and my daughter is getting married in October. I know I must get myself together and not dwell on the past.

I'm really happy for you going to Turkey sounds so exciting. I would love to plan a trip to Greece next year. I better get through this year first. Thanks for listening.

val
  • suzannchili
    suzannchili Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Gobble Gobble! Will you be dancing on any bars in Turkey?
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    What part of Turkey are you going, I was there "looong" time ago.
  • dn220
    dn220 Member Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. Congrats. I hope you have a wonderful time. Take lots of pictures.lol
    Deb
  • Denise1966
    Denise1966 Member Posts: 90
    Options
    Kathi,

Congratulations!!!! I know you'll have a great time!!!!

Denise
  • sladich
    sladich Member Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Have fun Kathy. You deserve it. Keep your shirt on!

Debbie
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    Options
    Kathi,
    You totally rule!!! I am so excited for you (a little envious too!!!). That sounds like an amazing trip.

Kiersten
  • fedester
    fedester Member Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    hey kathi,
    have a great time, but be careful with the naked happy dance, i think it will get your arrested !!lol
    be well and have awonderful time.
    never,ever give up!!
    bruce