Last Day Of Radiation

Options
Cindy54
Cindy54 Member Posts: 452
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Everyone..Today was my last treatment of radiation.Thirty-six treatments of a lop-sided sunburn.Next I see my doctor in 5 weeks, do a blood work-up in 6 weeks, and then the oncologist in 7 weeks. They told me that it takes at least one month for the radiation to leave my body. At least a couple months to heal and feel like my own self. We will do mammograms every three months for a year. The nurse also told me that the first few mammograms will probably come back marked with changes noted and to look further. She said not to be worried because there was surgery and radiation. That is what caused the changes and as time goes on, the mammograms will look better. I asked about the chances of the beast coming back and what would we do. She said the same treatment, unless I decided differently.I also got a little gold apple pin.

My friend Teresa called me up and took me out to dinner. I even had a beer to celebrate.

I now have three more weeks of being off work to just enjoy doing nothing.

To all of you who have been so encouraging to me I send a hug and the biggest thank you I can muster. And I won't be leaving this board, I have too many ladies to look out for and keep up on.

God Bless all of you...Cindy

Comments

• sylva
    sylva Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Hello Cindy. I'm new in this "changing world" of diagnosis, surgeries, treatments, ups and downs. I'm starting my second week after the fist chemo treatment. Yesterday they checked my blood work and all the numbers came back within normal range, and besides numbers, I FEEL LIKE LIFE CAME BACK TO MY BODY!!... and this is the start for me. You already went through SOOOO MUCH. I feel I want to congratulate you, that you are a strong woman, maybe stronger than you can imagine. This is not easy staff!!
    Enjoy life, do nothing or do everything that your mind and body ask. Work can wait a little more, no? I don't know you, but I respect you and admire and I wish you the best in this journey full of discoveries, pain, happiness, transformation, in our physical body and spiritual body.
    God bless you!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Yea! I'm dancing for you!

It's all over but the healing!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Hi Cindy!
    This is great news! Enjoy the upcoming three weeks. Treat yourself to nice things if you can. Take care.
    -Michael :)
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Congrats Cindy. What great news. Treat yourself to something nice to celebrate. Keep posting we all need you here. Lili
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Cindy, from the bottom of my heart. I start my radiation next Wednesday. I will have 30 - 35 treatments. I don't drink beer, but maybe after I finish my treatments, I will have a beer and a pizza to boot! I'm so happy for you. All the best. Hugs, Marilynn
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm fairly new on this site and haven't started my treatments yet so I can only imagine what you have gone thru. Celebrate, pamper yourself and enjoy your time off....You deserve it. God Bless you
    Patty
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    YES! YES! YES! Congratulations for being on the "other side" of cancer treatment!! How wonderful for you~ we all celebrate with you!

Hooray! and Cheers!

Hugs,
    Claudia