Newly diagnosed thanks you

Options
ninjamom
ninjamom Member Posts: 142
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I want to thank all of you for your support. I have been in and out of doctor's appts and had not had a change to log on. My oncologyst said my prognosis is good but the process is long and hard. I'm still waiting to find out if a second surgery will be necessary. I see the radiologyst on monday and if it's possible to do radiation in the underarm area then I won't do the surgery and will start chemo treatments as early as the second week in May. Again thank you all for your support, I will keep you all in my prayers and will be forever gratefull. I hope some day I will be able to help someone as much as you helped me.

Comments

• Very encouraging words from your oncologist. Yes, it is a long process, but you only have to do it one day at a time...and you can handle that.
    God bless you as you begin your treatments and healing process.
    Please keep us up to date on your progress.
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    It's great to hear that you have a good prognosis. You have a long hard road ahead of you but stay strong and keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. It gets brighter and brighter as you near it.

If I had a choice of choosing between the second surgery and radiation, I would choose the surgery because of the side effects of radiation that can effect you later.

Please let us know how you are doing and we are always here for you if you have questions or just need to vent.
  • You helped me already! Your wish to help others someday has and will come true. I started on this site 4 months ago. I couldn't imagine ever having strenght to help someone else, or an attitude worth sharing. You have made me see that I have come a long way and now I want you to know that you will too.
    So true about day by day.
    love, Joyce