Take Time

Options
2»

Comments

• scouty
    scouty Member Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Nice idea Stacy and it's great to see some of the familiar names of people that helped me save my life.

Stage IV with liver and lung mets dxed early April 2004, currently NED for almost 3 1/2 years.

I have strayed from the board for a multitude of reasons; losing friends hurts deeply, treatment options and their side effects and "tricks" to avoid them have changed, emotionally I am in a very different place then I was the first few years, and most of my emotional energy is being spent on my aging parents (83 and 84) and both are alone.

That being said, I do still read every so often to keep up with all the wonderful people I met, learned, laughed, and cried with from this great board.

I will try to be more active but it will have to be after I get my garden in.....

SEMI-COLONS ROCK!!!!!

Lisa P.
  • tkd3g
    tkd3g Member Posts: 767
    Options
    scouty said:

Hey Honey!!!!!!!!!!!

I think about you all the time. Isn't it about time to open the pool?????????

Love, Lisa P.

Ahahaha

Hey girlfriend!

That it is , that it is. Get this: we are thinking of adding a hot tub ;-)

Not sure if I can afford one big enough to house all the Happy Naked Dancers, though.( not sure I want to either :)

You still running with the pack? I haven't seen many e-mails lately. Such a great group of people.

Be well, my friend. Enjoy the garden. I hope to get my hands dirty soon, as well. In the garden, silly!

All my love,

Barb ( soon to be; spa girl )
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It is nice to see some familiar names posting.....
    Not sure where I fit, but have been grateful for this site for over 2 years now. My husband was diagnosed Stage IV 10/04 - had surgery and 5FU and avastin till 8/05. Cancer returned 10/05 - been on weekly erbitux and biweekly irinotecan since. After 2 1/2 years starting not to work so well and looking into clinical trials.
    My "help" seems to be handling the side effects of erbitux and mouth care(I am a dental hygienist).
    I want to tell all that my husband does have quality of life and our life is good. It is different than we imagined 4 years ago - but, it is good. And there is always "hope"!
    Mary Kay