Chemo DONE!!!!!!

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just needed to share my happpiness at having completed my final round of chemo. I'm still on my decadron high or low, I don't know which it is at this point. I'm awaiting my neulasta and some of the aches. But somehow, its all doeable! You all said it would be - and you were right. Thanks so much for all the support, love, and caring. You are the best group of "sisters" I've ever had the pleasure of being related to. Hugs, Marilynn P. S. Now on to radiation. Ugh!

Comments

• Congrats Marilynn!!! You are on the up-swing.
    Rads were not a big problem for me.
    Eat well, rest often, pamper yourself a little at least. Compared to chemo this should be a breeze.
    God bless.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! We are at a similar stage. I have finished chemo, start radiation tomorrow, then herceptin while the radiation effects heal up, then reconstruction, then I will be done (about a year from now). Isn't it great to have one more part of the journey done?

Best wishes, seof
  • kbc4869
    kbc4869 Member Posts: 159
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo! Congratulations, Marilyn! You got through probably the hardest part!

Love,
    Kim
  • Good for you Marilynn---congrats!!! For me chemo was the hardest part and the longest. I am so happy for you. You should treat yourself to something special as a celebration. Love, Eileen
  • skt48
    skt48 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! I will be glad when I can post that I am finished. Have a great week.
  • mc2001
    mc2001 Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Congratulations Marilynn! I am happy to be one of your supportive sisters.... even though I am a man. ;-) I know the elation you are experiencing. I had leukemia and remember my last day of chemo.. what an exciting day! I also remember having radiation. I want to recommend (please ask your Dr about this) aloe lotions and aloe gels. If you are going to have radiation on your chest... I recommend rubbing a lot of that stuff on your chest about a week before, during, and after radiation to help minimize burns. I had radiation to my head, face, neck, and spine. The aloe helped reduce burns. Hang in there! You are doing great!
    -Michael :-)
  • tracisspot
    tracisspot Member Posts: 3
    Options
    congratulations to you!!! you have just finished the hardest part of your treatment in my opinion. I had 18 months of it and boy was i ecstatic when it was over. The radiation is a walk in the park compared to everything else that you have already went through. The only thing you may have to deal with is skin irritation and the skin burns. I had radiation for 6 weeks and it didn't hurt at all. The most irritating part was the fact that my skin was black at the direct spot of the radiation and it felt a little tougher than normal but it all went back to normal after the treatments ended. if you ever have questions please feel free to ask. I am 33 and have been cancer free for 5 years now and I feel great. God Bless you.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am sooo happy for you! You will get through the radiation and be on the other side of BC treatment! My heart is filled with smiles just remembering the day you came in here so afraid, and oh baby~ look at you now! :-)

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • redrosesplz
    redrosesplz Member Posts: 11
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'M HAPPY FOR YOU!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    I'm dancin for you, my dear!

Don't forget your Aquaphor if you start to notice any redness!!!

BIG hugs,
    Kathi
  • There's something kind of wierd about writing this, but here goes...it seems like only yesterday that you were starting chemo, and now look, all done! How time flies! Truly, I am delighted for your day and honored to have been with you for your journey. Off the hamster wheel and on to the dance floor girl! Yayhoo! Job well done! Now, get busy - I am challenging you to a hair growing contest!
    LOVE Joyce
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    seof said:

Congratulations! We are at a similar stage. I have finished chemo, start radiation tomorrow, then herceptin while the radiation effects heal up, then reconstruction, then I will be done (about a year from now). Isn't it great to have one more part of the journey done?

Best wishes, seof

You betcha'. It's like having the worst leg of the journey over and done with. Congratulations to you, too. My rads start May 7th.
  • Stormy8281
    Stormy8281 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm so Happy for you, my friend.