Miralax

Options
tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
After I got out of the hospital this week, the doctor had me start a regimen of Miralax every day. I feel like I'm having the weirdest bowel movements ever. In light of recent events, it's good to go, but is this how it's supposed to be? Anybody else doing Miralax?

Gail

Comments

• TY2HC
    TY2HC Member Posts: 46
    Options
    I have been doing miralax for about 4 weeks and it has made things a bit more loose, but not to drastically. The doctor said things might be a little watery, but I have not noticed this. Not sure what your experience is. By the way I am taking 17g mixed in 32 oz of juice throughout the day.

Chris
  • tootsie1
    Options
    TY2HC said:

I have been doing miralax for about 4 weeks and it has made things a bit more loose, but not to drastically. The doctor said things might be a little watery, but I have not noticed this. Not sure what your experience is. By the way I am taking 17g mixed in 32 oz of juice throughout the day.

Chris

Chris, I'm taking the recommended dosage on the bottle once a day, in the morning. It's whatever is measured in the cap. Not to be too graphic, but it looks like I have chocolate pudding coming out of me. Weird! By the way, I would love to have the info you mentioned before. I answered your reply, but you may not have seen that.
  • TY2HC
    TY2HC Member Posts: 46
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Chris, I'm taking the recommended dosage on the bottle once a day, in the morning. It's whatever is measured in the cap. Not to be too graphic, but it looks like I have chocolate pudding coming out of me. Weird! By the way, I would love to have the info you mentioned before. I answered your reply, but you may not have seen that.

I sent it to you using your mail. It is a lengthy document so I didn't want to post it. Let me know if you didn't get it and I will resend it to you. I don't have the same experience with the miralax. I too am taking the cap full. It sounds based on what my doctor told me that what you are experiencing might be normal. Obviously, dark stools are a concern especially since you had bleeding. I would watch for that. Your going to have more scans done right?
  • tootsie1
    Options
    TY2HC said:

I sent it to you using your mail. It is a lengthy document so I didn't want to post it. Let me know if you didn't get it and I will resend it to you. I don't have the same experience with the miralax. I too am taking the cap full. It sounds based on what my doctor told me that what you are experiencing might be normal. Obviously, dark stools are a concern especially since you had bleeding. I would watch for that. Your going to have more scans done right?

I'm going to have a colonoscopy in the very near future. When did you send the email? I didn't get it. Thanks!
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    They had me use miralax during chemo because I had so much nausea the the zolfran I had to take caused chronic constipation - I took the recommended amount also. But I only had to take it until it produced something - which for me would take 2-3 days. Sounds like the amount might be a little high for you. Have you talked to your doctor?
  • tootsie1
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

I'm going to have a colonoscopy in the very near future. When did you send the email? I didn't get it. Thanks!

Chris, I did get the email. I just realized how to get to my email here. Doh!

Gail
  • tootsie1
    Options
    pamness said:

They had me use miralax during chemo because I had so much nausea the the zolfran I had to take caused chronic constipation - I took the recommended amount also. But I only had to take it until it produced something - which for me would take 2-3 days. Sounds like the amount might be a little high for you. Have you talked to your doctor?

I see my doctor on Wednesday. If this mess keeps up, I'll call him before that. This doctor is my family doctor and goes to church with me. I call him my "singing doctor", because he sings and plays guitar at church sometimes. My Relay for Life team is having a talent show on May 4th, and he's going to perform. *smiles*