Update on Jenna.

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello Ladies.
This is Jesse. Sorry its taken me a couple of days, but its been really hard. Jennas surgery went well. They removed the tumor which was the size of a golf ball and they also removed her cervix and some tubes(not sure exactly what the tubes are called, sorry) but they couldnt remove it all, so she will be getting chemotherapy when she recovers from the surgery. She keeps telling me to go home, but I cant bare the thought of leaving her here alone. I would be way too worried, and i just want to be with her through it all. She talks about many of you often and we pray for everyone. You have all made it so much easier for her in dealing with this monster. I hope everyone is doing well tonight.
I do have a question. I want to get her something to make her feel better but im not sure what. is there anything that will help her feel better? What made all of you feel better that your husbands did or a nice idea? I bought 5 dozen roses in all colors because those are her favorite but i feel like its not enough!! I will post again soon. Jesse.

Comments

• jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Jesse
    Thank you so much for the update on Jenna. I have been worried waiting for word on her. I am glad that she is doing well.
    Jesse, you are giving her the greatest gift...YOURSELF! The fact that you are there for her every moment and caring for her. Continue to reassure her of your love and that is a gift in itself. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery for Jenna and strength for you to continue to give her the care that she needs.
    Take care and give her a big hug for us!
    Jami
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Jesse, thank you for the wonderful update. Did they give you a stage to Jenna's cancer? How is she feeling emotionally?

You are such a sweetheart to be there by her side. But keep up your strength too! And she may even need a bit of a break to know that you are taking care of yourself, so don't feel bad if you need to get away for a while. They will take good care of her. And she'll be waiting for you when you get back.

Sometimes when you're laid up for a while you can get a little achy and stiff. Would she like a foot or hand massage with her favorite lotion? How about some relaxing music (a CD or MP3?), would she like for your to read to her, maybe a favorite book, or a book that you can both start together? Scripture is wonderful to read, especially Psalms. If you really don't know for sure, ask her what she would like. Sometimes it's even hard for us to know what we want.

I was hoping that we'd hear from. It was so nice of you to take the time to write to us. You have a good evening. Love and hugs to you and JennaRose. Tell her we'll be anxious to hear from her soon, too!

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Hey Jesse. I know there are so many of us who can relate to the weird zone you're both in after a big event like this surgery. It is hard to know what to get and someone gave you good advice in saying that you're already doing a lot by being there. Your instincts are good in wanting to be with her. But I can testify that you will be in need of a break soon. She will be taken care of, especially once she gets through getting her vital functions back. Then she pretty much needs to sleep some of this off, and you can let the nurses handle things in so many ways. Hospitals have a rhythm all their own, as you've gathered. The caregiver only plugs in. You're not the center of their attention. When you can I recommend going home to get some deep, uninterrupted sleep...and Jenna will know if she needs to call you. You're there for each other. The roses are plenty. It's not like she's gonna eat chocolate right away!
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Dear Jessie, thanks so much for taking the time to update us. Give Jenna a big hug from all of us and let her we all continue to lift her in prayer. Hugs N Prayers Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I don't remember much of the 8 days I was in the hospital because of the morphine. A warm wash rag for my face and hands, a lotion rub on my hands and feet. Mostly I just wanted to sleep and be left alone. You are such a champ for being with JennaRose. I concur that you should get some deep sleep and rest. When she comes home she will need you more for things. Thanks for the update. (((HUGS)))
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    I am so glad you wrote to let us know how you and Jenna are doing. I've been thinking about her so much and asked the people that read my caring bridge site to start the prayers.

You don't have to do a thing other then you are doing Jesse - being by her side is what she needs. You need to take care of yourself though - because once the chemo starts is when you are going to need your strength to get through this. What would you want Jenna to do for you if you were in her position and she was your caregiver?

Please tell her I said hello and am so glad things went well. I am sending love and hugs your way. Kris
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Options
    Jesse,
    Thank you for the update on Jenna, she is very lucky to have you by her side. Is there anyone else that could sit with her so you can take a break? My hubby stayed with me overnight,but wouldn't leave to go home and clean up until someone else showed up!! He wanted to make sure that I was looked after properly. You really are such a great friend,and I'm sure Jenna loves you to death. Just you being there is helping her. (((hugz)))~~Joanne