21 years survivorship

Options
muppie
muppie Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just realized what date today was! 21 years ago on April 13 I had a mastectomy. There have been ups and downs in the last 21 years of my journey with cancer - but I am still here! I celebrated my 60th birthday this year and I feel great! I am so thankful for the wonderful doctors and medical care that has enabled me to be here. Just wanted to share this special milestone. Sending warm thoughts and hugs to all of you out there dealing with BC. Ellie

Comments

• Thanks for the warm thought and the hug! Congratulations on this anniversary. I am a five month survivor. It sure would be fun to post you in 20 years and seven months with the same news you shared with us. Your thankful attitude attributes that you not only survived, but did so beautifully. Thanks for setting a good example. love, Joyce
  • Ellie, congrats on your 21 yrs of survivorship!
    You had your breast cancer at a young age which must have been scary, but you made it and I assume without any relapses. Heres to 21 more!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Ellie, what a fantastic post!!!!! Congratulations on your 21 year anniversary, that is so wonderful! I wish you a bunch more! Thanks for the hugs, now I am sending a few your way! Keep it up you survivor you!!!

RE
  • Hey Ellie girl! YOU ROCK!!
    Know how I know?
    Because it will be 22 years in June since I had my first diagnosis and mastectomy. AND I will also be 60 this summer. Go figure!
    Congratulations my dear sister in the journey.
    Life after cancer can be gooood....especially if we remember the lessons we learned in the process.
    Like you, I send hugs and all God's blessings to our sisters who are still in the midst of the 'work in progress' that we all are.
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!!!! Congratulations. And, here's to many, many more wonderful years. Your message and its celebration are life inspiring to me. I was diagnosed November 7th, 2007, but I'm hanging in there and am looking forward to beating this thing and living out my years in good health, too. I'll be 66 on April 26th. Thank you for sharing. You're the shot in the arm I needed right now. Hugs, Marilynn
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Congradulation on your 21 years and Happy belated birthday. March 20, 2008 was my one year mark and I hope that I can make it 20 more years. Thanks for sharing your wonderful news.

Jackie
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for posting...it encourages the rest of us. I wish you 21 more healthy years!
    seof
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both the 21 years AND the 60!!!

Both are big milestones!!! Keep on keepin' on!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! It really means so much to me when long term survivors remind me that they are here!!! Congratulations and thank you again...
    S
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Ellie:
    Congrats on your 21 yrs. Your post was inspiring and encouraging. I will be celebrating my 1st year on June 7th and I hope that 20 years from now I will be able to say the same. To 21 more years to you. Love, Lili