Nioxin

Options
ohilly
ohilly Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been hearing about a hair care product called Nioxin that supposedly slows hair growth during chemo and makes the hair grow back faster. Is this just hucksterism, or does it really work? Has anyone tried it, and where did they buy the Nioxin? Are there any unpleasant side-effects (like hair on your face)? Ohilly

Comments

• babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Did you google nioxin? from what I read it really doesn't help. I do not think there is any product that makes hair grow faster. I've asked my stylist and she laughed..So I took that as BUNK...I also read that Nioxin drys and irritates the scalp.. I don't think I would have anyhting to do with the product..personal opinion
  • I used nioxin. My hair grew back well but it may have come in just as well without-will never know.
  • 3cbrca
    3cbrca Member Posts: 206
    Options
    It stings - I tried it twice and threw it away. The lady at the wig store pushed it on me. I returned the unopened products. My hair started coming back after I finished A/C and while I was getting my 12 weeks of taxol. I had peach fuzz by the time I finished chemo. I don't think Nioxin would have made it come in any faster....