21 year old with ovarian cancer

LyndsieRae
LyndsieRae Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
My name is Lyndsie and I am new to this site. I don't know if I am even doing this right. I just recently had my 2nd surgery for ovarian cancer. The first time I didn't have to have chemo. But this time my doctor is saying he wants to do treatment. I go back April 16th to meet with him to talk about treatment. I am scared and don't even know where to start! I never dreamed this would come back. I was planning on getting married this fall and I feel like those dreams have been shattered with my cancer coming back! There's has been so much that has happened to me the past few weeks, I am just so overwhelmed. I was wanting to talk to someone who knows what I am going through. Can anyone help?

Comments

• jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    LyndsieRae
    There are lots of wonderful women on this site that can help you. In fact jennarose87 I believe is 20 and is also engaged. You should send her an email and talk. I know how you must be overwhelmed with the surgery and now chemo but if you have specific questions please post so someone can help alleviate some of your fear. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
    Hugs and Prayers
    Jami
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Hi LyndsieRae:
    So sorry you are going through this. But you will find lots of caring, wonderful survivors here.

What was the stage of your cancer the first time? I would imagine you did not have a complete hysterectomy because of your age? What was involved in the second surgery? Has the staging changed?

Do you have support of family? Is your fiancee helpful to you in all of this? This is a very difficult time, but NOT hopeless. Many of us have been through this twice, and more. It can be very overwhelming at times, but find something that calms you, puts your focus in a different direction. Do you like to read, watch movies, do you have any sport activities? Exercise can be very therapeutic, not to mention keeping you strong and healthy. Try to not let the cancer become your identity. We need to face it head on and do all that we can for ourselves. Beyond that, we need to embrace life, move on with our plans and dreams. That is a very important part to our sanity and healing.

Sending you prayers and luv and hugs. Please let us know how you are doing or if there's anything else we can do.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika
  • LyndsieRae
    mopar said:

Hi LyndsieRae:
    So sorry you are going through this. But you will find lots of caring, wonderful survivors here.

What was the stage of your cancer the first time? I would imagine you did not have a complete hysterectomy because of your age? What was involved in the second surgery? Has the staging changed?

Do you have support of family? Is your fiancee helpful to you in all of this? This is a very difficult time, but NOT hopeless. Many of us have been through this twice, and more. It can be very overwhelming at times, but find something that calms you, puts your focus in a different direction. Do you like to read, watch movies, do you have any sport activities? Exercise can be very therapeutic, not to mention keeping you strong and healthy. Try to not let the cancer become your identity. We need to face it head on and do all that we can for ourselves. Beyond that, we need to embrace life, move on with our plans and dreams. That is a very important part to our sanity and healing.

Sending you prayers and luv and hugs. Please let us know how you are doing or if there's anything else we can do.

(((HUGS)))
    Monika

Monika,

Thank you so much for your email! It was very encouraging! I am so thankful I came across this site, and I am very thankful I had someone to reply! This has been such a struggle for me! I just dont even know where to go from here!
    Now to answer your questions....
    I don't ever remember getting a stage for my cancer the first time. At first he didnt even think it was cancer. This time we have been looking at a lot of sites and my Dad feels like it was stage 2. I did actually have a hysterectomy. They took everything this time. I just had surgery on the 28th of March. The first time I had surgery was 2 years ago on April 28th. And at that time I only had one ovary removed. I have a TON of support and love from all of my family and friends. My boyfriend has been amazing! I made a website that has updates on what goes on in our lives if you would like to check it out. It is www.danielandlyndsie.blogspot.com. But like I said they have all been wonderful! But they have never been through something like this before so it has been just as hard on them! I need to be encouraged. I guess when I think of cancer I just think of death and that's why I wanted to talk to people who have been through something like this someone who knows my struggles and my pain! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your encouragement!
  • LyndsieRae
    jamilou said:

LyndsieRae
    There are lots of wonderful women on this site that can help you. In fact jennarose87 I believe is 20 and is also engaged. You should send her an email and talk. I know how you must be overwhelmed with the surgery and now chemo but if you have specific questions please post so someone can help alleviate some of your fear. Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
    Hugs and Prayers
    Jami

Jami,

Thank you for responding to my post. I guess I am doing this right! Now how do I get intouch with jennarose87? I am very overwhelmed with everything! Thank you for offering help! I can't tell you how good it feels to know I am not alone!
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member

Jami,

Thank you for responding to my post. I guess I am doing this right! Now how do I get intouch with jennarose87? I am very overwhelmed with everything! Thank you for offering help! I can't tell you how good it feels to know I am not alone!

Contact Jennarose by going back to one of her post on this site at the end of the list. Then click on the envelope below her post and you can send her safe e-mail. She is having 2nd surgery the 14th so you have to be quick.
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275

Monika,

Thank you so much for your email! It was very encouraging! I am so thankful I came across this site, and I am very thankful I had someone to reply! This has been such a struggle for me! I just dont even know where to go from here!
    Now to answer your questions....
    I don't ever remember getting a stage for my cancer the first time. At first he didnt even think it was cancer. This time we have been looking at a lot of sites and my Dad feels like it was stage 2. I did actually have a hysterectomy. They took everything this time. I just had surgery on the 28th of March. The first time I had surgery was 2 years ago on April 28th. And at that time I only had one ovary removed. I have a TON of support and love from all of my family and friends. My boyfriend has been amazing! I made a website that has updates on what goes on in our lives if you would like to check it out. It is www.danielandlyndsie.blogspot.com. But like I said they have all been wonderful! But they have never been through something like this before so it has been just as hard on them! I need to be encouraged. I guess when I think of cancer I just think of death and that's why I wanted to talk to people who have been through something like this someone who knows my struggles and my pain! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for your encouragement!

Lyndsie - reading your email really is like de ja vu because JennaRose has an almost identical situation. I am so sorry you have to be going through this - 1st because you are so young and 2nd, well because it just sucks. My doctor told me when I was diagnosed last July that they treat ovarian cancer like a chronic disease. You just keep fighting it every time it decides to rear it's ugly head. There are so many amazing women on this site with so much information - you will be amazed.

My best to you and please keep posting. Take good care. Hugs.

Kris
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Lyndsie: It is very hard when cancer comes back. Almost tougher than the first time, when it's all a blur and you just do what you're told. Kind of numb. The second time around it sort of hits you and feels like it keeps hitting. But you're doing so much to process what you're going through, and there are so many people on this site that will "hold your hand" and talk over whatever questions you have. We hope you're healing well and finding ways to mend your mind and heart. God Bless.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator