Fantastic Fantastic News !!! (so far)

vanser
vanser Member Posts: 100 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I posted last week about a suspicious 4cm object that appeared on my moms pelvis on her routine CAT scan.. Well today a radiologist confirmed via pelvic ultrasound that the spot is just a cyst !!!!! We are still waiting for the results of a chest CT and an MRI that were also ordered.. Hopefully they are also clean. Knowning that the identified mass is just a cyst is a huge huge relief as everyone here can imagine... My entire family has spent the last week and two days crying... Sometimes I think the follow up is just too stressful.

I am so very thankful that we have made it so long.. To all those newbies who are unfortunately here -- my mom was diagnosed in 2003 and had a local recurrence only two months after her first surgery.. We were prepared for the worst but have been blessed with a wonderful five years...

I am hoping and praying that the rest of the follow up tests don't show anything -- we won't get those results until April 15th...

Vanessa

Comments

• Faith4Cure
    Faith4Cure Member Posts: 405 Member
    Great news!! I know how hard that waiting is! Have faith that the rest of the tests will be clear as well. Celebrate!
    Faith
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    SUPER news, Vanessa!!!! PLEASE keep us posted!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    That's wonderful!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Fabulous! Hope the rest of the results are just as good!

Gail
  • Monicaemilia
    Monicaemilia Member Posts: 455 Member
    Amazing news! And a good reminder to not always assume the worst when going for tests and awaiting results. Go out and celebrate because I'm sure the rest of the tests will turn out great. Monica