I got one of "those" phone calls you never want

BugHunter
BugHunter Member Posts: 152
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Doctors office called yesterday. She said I have a spot on my thyroid she wants to have biopsied on the 31st. She seems to think "it's nothing" but if that were the case why are we having to look at it? GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Three days away from my 1 year post tx and they pull this crap!
Thanks for letting me vent!

BILL

Comments

• TereB
    TereB Member Posts: 286 Member
    Sorry to hear the news. The biopsy may show it has nothing to do with cancer, but I think it is better to do it to be sure it's nothing.

Hope it is nothing.
  • jkinobay
    jkinobay Member Posts: 298 Member
    Slow down.........and remember the most important reason to go to a Doctor is to get good news. So hang in there and we all hope the news is good on the 31st................and I think there is a really good chance that it will be good news. JK
  • MLC53
    MLC53 Member Posts: 109
    Gosh Bill, I'm so sorry to hear that! I can understand how freaked you might be though. I had a similar situation with spots on my lungs. Turned out the spots were from radiation effects and now they've disappeared. The doc just did a CT scan every few months to keep an eye on the sopts before they decided to do a biopsy because a biopsy in the lungs is very complicated. It really had me worried for a while though. I will keep you in my prayers and hope it is nothing. Keep us posted.
  • dedesert
    dedesert Member Posts: 17
    MLC53 said:

Gosh Bill, I'm so sorry to hear that! I can understand how freaked you might be though. I had a similar situation with spots on my lungs. Turned out the spots were from radiation effects and now they've disappeared. The doc just did a CT scan every few months to keep an eye on the sopts before they decided to do a biopsy because a biopsy in the lungs is very complicated. It really had me worried for a while though. I will keep you in my prayers and hope it is nothing. Keep us posted.

the call came in March, here it now the end of August sooooooo..
    How did the test turn out? Everything okay? managable?
  • sassyque
    sassyque Member Posts: 44
    I Got One Of Those Calls
    I will be praying for you.Please think positive.It is probably nothing even tho we hate this it is better to get it checked.God bless you and let us know how things turn out.
  • Christmas
    Christmas Member Posts: 100
    sassyque said:

I Got One Of Those Calls
    I will be praying for you.Please think positive.It is probably nothing even tho we hate this it is better to get it checked.God bless you and let us know how things turn out.

Hi, Bill:
    Don't panic. Keep

Hi, Bill:

Don't panic. Keep positive thoughts.

My docs ordered an ultrasound of my carotoid?(sorry, can't spell anymore) arteries to check for scarring and narrowing of arteries. They found something near my thyroid, and my doctor ordered another PET scan. Had a clean one in December. I'm still waiting for the doctor to call about this last scan.

It's good that the doctors are being cautious.

Let us know how it goes.

Christmas
  • BugHunter
    BugHunter Member Posts: 152
    oops, I forgot to update this one!!!
    It turned out the new person reading the scan saw the dead remains of my original tumor from the side as they looked at my thyroid and thought it was a spot on it, turns out he/she just projected it onto the thyroid.

Life is still a bed of roses!

BILL
  • sassyque
    sassyque Member Posts: 44
    BugHunter said:

It turned out the new person reading the scan saw the dead remains of my original tumor from the side as they looked at my thyroid and thought it was a spot on it, turns out he/she just projected it onto the thyroid.

BILL

I;m so happy for you
    I;m so happy for you Bill.Glad to hear all is still well with you and I truly believe it will continue.You are in my prayers and I know you will be fine.Take care and God Bless You and Yours
  • jkinobay
    jkinobay Member Posts: 298 Member
    BugHunter said:

BILL

Your good news
    I am so glad to be able to say........" I told you so." Congratulations. Be well, stay well.
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator