Cycles....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As most of you know, this past 4 years have been a big challenge for my sanity. Diagnosed with 2 separate cancers, 6 months apart, the death of my beau's father, the sudden death of my ex (62.5 years...), and the tragic death of my youngest daughter, well...it has been hard.

But I see lives (mine, and others) go thru cycles...for me, so much energy was spent in surviving, that now that I have almost 3 years of cancer-free living behind me, well, I am happy to say there is a new cycle for me. As bit of unease comes with it, because it involves living life without a net...folding myself into society, not as much the cancer survivor, or the grieving mom, or anything else, but a person that has been changed and who's life is a precious thing, and totally under my control as to my choices. The colon cancer, more than the breast, is linked to stress---bad eating habits leads to less regularity...well, you know the rest.

So here I sit, perched on the edge of my future, a bit unsure, a bit sad for the things I am leaving behind, but excited and grateful for the chance to go on...

Thanks for the insites you all have shared. I wish for all of you the opportunity that I have been given!

Hugs always, Kathi

Comments

• Kathi, Thank you for your powerful post. You are a true testament to the incredible strength human beings are capable of. I don't think that I could have made it through all that you have survived in the past 4 years-and with the positive attitude that you have! Life can be so incredibly hard but you made it through and you have a lot of living and good things ahead. You are an inspiration to me. Eileen
  • Kathi, Thank you for your powerful post. You are a true testament to the incredible strength human beings are capable of. I don't think that I could have made it through all that you have survived in the past 4 years-and with the positive attitude that you have! Life can be so incredibly hard but you made it through and you have a lot of living and good things ahead. You are an inspiration to me. Eileen
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Kathi,
    You have been through so much and yet still reach out to us both in support and as a sister. My prayers are with you on this side of your journey. I cannot imagine losing a child because it is not the way life is supposed to be. My arms go towards you for a very bug hug and comfort. Angela
  • rmap59
    rmap59 Member Posts: 266
    Hi KathiM,
    Boy, your trials shadow over mine. You ARE an inspiration to all of us. I first met you on the colorectal site because that's what I first had to deal with and then my Mom developed breast cancer so now I have your inspirational posts on both sites. I hope your life is filled with happiness and most important contentment. Keep on dancing!!!
    Love, Robin
  • You are truly beautiful. Joyce
  • skt48
    skt48 Member Posts: 19
    It sounds like you have had alot to deal with. I am sorry about that is so much to cope with. I am glad you are better. I have learned to enjoy everyday we have to the fullest.
  • bev49
    bev49 Member Posts: 42
    Kathi,
    What an inspiration to all who read this message. YOU have taught us so much, and given insight as to how to deal with life. Enjoy this journey that you are taking now, sounds like you have grasped on to it tightly, and will allow it to give you a fresh start. With deep admiration and love.
    bev49