Did you have a daVinci Hysterectomy

Options
lady342008
lady342008 Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I'm REALLY wanting to hear from any and ALL WOMEN who have had the daVinci Hysterectomy. I'm having one on Friday April 18th at 8:00 and I haven't connected with anybody that has had one yet. Is anybody out there that's been through this surgery....?
I sure hope to hear from some of you women that went through this.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for writing. :-)

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it....before on this site.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it either. But believe it is the laproscopic hysterectomy. Not used with ovarian cancer, but both my sister had her ovaries removed this way. Here is a website with information on it.

http://www.davincisurgery.com/procedures/gynecologic/uterine/davinci_hysterectomy.aspx

hope that helps
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi
    When I had my surgery the doctor made a small incision took the ovary and immediately sent the section to the lab. Within 15 minutes or so they had the biopsy showing cancer. He then opened the incision further to do a complete hysterectomy and debulking surgery. Will your doctor do this type of procedure if he finds cancer? Has he said what he would do? These are questions that you should probably ask so that you will know going into the surgery. Hope this helps.
    Good luck
    Jami
  • lady342008
    Options
    BonnieR said:

I've never heard of it either. But believe it is the laproscopic hysterectomy. Not used with ovarian cancer, but both my sister had her ovaries removed this way. Here is a website with information on it.

http://www.davincisurgery.com/procedures/gynecologic/uterine/davinci_hysterectomy.aspx

hope that helps

Hey Bonnie, they do have the daVinci Hysterectomy. I'm just wanting to hear from women that had it done, but haven't been sucessful in connecting with any yet. :-(
    Have a good one and THANK YOU for writing.
  • lady342008
    Options
    jamilou said:

Hi
    When I had my surgery the doctor made a small incision took the ovary and immediately sent the section to the lab. Within 15 minutes or so they had the biopsy showing cancer. He then opened the incision further to do a complete hysterectomy and debulking surgery. Will your doctor do this type of procedure if he finds cancer? Has he said what he would do? These are questions that you should probably ask so that you will know going into the surgery. Hope this helps.
    Good luck
    Jami

Jami, you are heaven sent because you told me a question in the RIGHT WAY I should ask it. I DID CALL his office and the nurse told me if he thought it was suspicious he would Freeze the area and if it's cancer he'd take more cells and all, but NEVER mentioned/offered of how this might be done..... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS..... :-)

I have a 12 yr old son that if I don't come home that day and it becomes a stay due to findings I NEED TO KNOW...... My husband is only taking that Friday off, because I'm having the least invasive surgery done. But...by what you say it could turn out differently.

THANK YOU for opening my eyes to this. I'd have A FIT if everything could possibly change and they didn't tell me......

God Bless you. :-)
  • lady342008
    Options
    jamilou said:

Hi
    Good luck
    Jami

Jami, I forgot to say he is doing a complete hysterectomy this we already know.

Have a good one.
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options

Jami, you are heaven sent because you told me a question in the RIGHT WAY I should ask it. I DID CALL his office and the nurse told me if he thought it was suspicious he would Freeze the area and if it's cancer he'd take more cells and all, but NEVER mentioned/offered of how this might be done..... THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS..... :-)

I have a 12 yr old son that if I don't come home that day and it becomes a stay due to findings I NEED TO KNOW...... My husband is only taking that Friday off, because I'm having the least invasive surgery done. But...by what you say it could turn out differently.

THANK YOU for opening my eyes to this. I'd have A FIT if everything could possibly change and they didn't tell me......

God Bless you. :-)

I am glad I could help! I hope everything goes well and this was a worry that you didn't need!
    Jami