update

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello ladies.
This is Jennas fiance Jesse. I am updating for her because shes just to upset to really do anything as am i, and i would like to start off by saying she is always talking about all the women on here. I hope everyone is doing well.
I am going to try and explain the best that i can what is going on. I know that the last time she got diagnosed they removed both ovaries. but only the ovaries. She has been going for weekly checkups and then she went the other day as all of you know and thats when they did tons of tests and found cancer on her abdomen and on her tubes (im sorry im not really sure exactly what they are called) on monday she is going back in bc she needs to get surgery to get the cancer removed. Then we will go from there. im sorry i am not really sure if shes getting just radiation or chemo or both again. Im just boggled right now, all i guess i can do is stand by here. i know shes been posting about problems when i look at girls and i just want everyone to know that most of the time i dont even realize it. I love her and only her. I think shes even more beautiful being bald and after having cancer. it created a special bond. Well i hope this helped somewhat. have a great night.

Comments

• kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Jesse & Jenna - glad you two have each other to get through this. Hard to do, especially being so young. Please keep posting and tell Jenna we are all in her corner rooting her on. Many prayers as well. You two take care. Hugs to you both.

Kris
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Jesse
    Thanks for the update on Jenna. I think of her often and will continue to keep her and you in my prayers. Let us know how her surgery goes and keep us updated.
    Jami
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Dear Jenna and Jesse, I am heartbroken that you are facing this at such a young age. Jesse, you are such a man for loving Jenna and keeping us updated on this discussion site. I applaud you for this. OVCA is something that should not be experienced alone and we are here and in prayer for Jenna and you. I hope that if Jenna has surgery again, that it will be with a gynocologist/oncologist in a major teaching hospital. Keep us posted and stay strong. ((HUGS)) Saundra
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Dear Jesse:
    Jenna is so blessed to have you! And I see that your relationship has also been blessed, even in the midst of this horrible, but NOT HOPELESS, situation. How wonderful that you see more beauty in Jenna than ever. I believe she knows how much you love her, but as you can imagine fighting this disease is not an easy journey. Emotions well up in us that we never knew existed. But again, you definitely have all of our thoughts, prayers and support. This discussion board is proof positive of all the options, hope and success stories that are out there. We'll be waiting to hear from you or Jenna again, when you feel up to posting. Until then, sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. Thank you for keeping us updated.
    Monika
    'He shall give his angels charge over you. . .' (Psalm 91)
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Jesse: Chris here. My wife Linda and I have now been through two regimens of treatment. Like so many people here have advised, we focus on what to do next, and that's it. That's what you do right now. Nights can be fearsome difficult for the caregiver. Sometimes the patient is exhausted or taking medicine to help them sleep, and the caregiver sits up, worried out of their brain. Come here. Keep talking to everyone on this post. It will help. It does help. And if you have a network of support, be it your family, or a friend with a heart, or a group of friends, turn to them. I can't imagine facing things like this when I was younger, but do know that there are people here...however physically distant they may be, who are willing to try to help you through each stage. God Bless you.
  • Jesse: Chris here. My wife Linda and I have now been through two regimens of treatment. Like so many people here have advised, we focus on what to do next, and that's it. That's what you do right now. Nights can be fearsome difficult for the caregiver. Sometimes the patient is exhausted or taking medicine to help them sleep, and the caregiver sits up, worried out of their brain. Come here. Keep talking to everyone on this post. It will help. It does help. And if you have a network of support, be it your family, or a friend with a heart, or a group of friends, turn to them. I can't imagine facing things like this when I was younger, but do know that there are people here...however physically distant they may be, who are willing to try to help you through each stage. God Bless you.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator