well...

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
so I went to the doctors today and he confirmed my fears. I have stage 3b, and he said somehow they missed it. i know docs arent perfect, my mind is so boggled right now!!! my fiance is heart broken its harder than the first time i found out. idk what to do or think or feel. im numb. i will give more detail i just figured i would update everyone quick. one thing i am happy about is this time i have all of you to help me! hope everyone has a great night/morning!
Love and hugs to everyone.

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Options
    Jennarose,
    I'm truly sorry this is happenning to you. Have you had ovca before?? I would be interested in knowing how you felt and your symptoms. My sister was diagnosed with stage 1c...she only had surgery to remove the mass and her ovaries. So if it came back it would be considered PPC (primary peritonel cancer) is that what your Dr. has said. PPC is treated the same way as Ovca,and is considered ovca,just a different type. I'll keep you in prayer. You'll make it through and still come out a winner. I'm in treatment for my second recurrence and I know I'll be fightinh this disease for the rest of my life. I think of it as a chronic disease,like diabetes,I'll forever need medicine for. (((hugz)))~~~Joanne
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Dear Jennarose, I am heartbroken that you have to enter treatment again so soon after finishing the treatment. You have proven that you are a warrior and able to get throug treatment. Therefore, take this one day at a time and you will get through this also. I will be praying for you. (((HUGS)))
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Dear Jennarose:
    So sorry to hear this. I know what you mean by 'numb', and we'll be waiting for more details when you are able to let us know. I certainly don't understand 'missed it. But the important thing right now is that you know there are lots of options, this is not hopeless. So, I'll be patient and watch for your future posts - keep us informed. Until then. . .
    Luv, Hugs & Prayers!
    Monika
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    I sent you a personal email Jenna - but I want to say to everyone, I just HATE this disease. Everything you read says it is an older woman's disease, that is bad enough - but then a young woman of 20 gets it and it really does break my heart. I feel too young to have it and I'm 43. My oncologist told me at the beginning that they treat this as a chronic disease - how many times are we supposed to have to "battle" this thing? I am waiting for my first follow up appointment so I know I have anxiety going in to that - but I really find myself getting mad over these wonderful people being diagnosed time and time again.

Jenna, please take care and know we are all supporting you 100%. And to the other ladies - keep hanging in there.

Kris
  • lindachris
    lindachris Member Posts: 173
    Options
    Jenna: Hang in there. The doctors will work to get you back in remission. They do their best but not everything's easy with the human body. We're all complex inside, but especially women, and ovarian cancer can be subtle. It took us weeks of testing to find the recurrence, and that only happened through surgery, and after liters of fluid removed from ascites. It's tricky business, but you sound strong even though you feel numb. I will say a prayer of support tonight, as I'm sure many will.