worried =/

Options
Unknown
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Ok so i had both ovaries removed, but im showing symptoms when i first got diagnosed again, and my stomach is swelling in one spot i have a doctors appt in a couple of days and im so scared that maybe it came back. i was told by a couple of people that even though the ovaries were removed i can still get cancer there again. im very scared, any advice would help. thankyou. i hope everyone is having a great night!

Comments

• dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    Options
    I know it's worrisome but try not to dwell until you know for sure. It's easy to say I know, but I know what the worry thing is all about too. I'm not expert in this field, I had a radical hyterectomy the 26th of december and undergoing chemo i have stage 4 which means it spread to my abdomen, but I'm sure you will some good advice from the wonderful ladies in this room. You hang in there and you will be in my prayers. Keep us posted so we don't worry about you, ok? God Bless you and think possitive.

Linda
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • floridajo
    floridajo Member Posts: 480
    Options
    jennarose,
    I know it's so hard to not get scared. I have developed a hernia,right by my belly button. it popped out on Thanksgiving Day. I was in so much pain,it was unreal. I didn't see it until I took a shower,I was in there crying like a baby. Anyway it all turned out good,like I said it was a hernia,and I had done a bit of heavy lifting that day. Right now I'm having my 2nd recurrence,so even though everythig is gone,doesn't mean it can't come back. Good luck,I'll keep you in prayer..(((hugz)))~~JOanne
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Jennarose
    No matter how long you are in remission you seem to hang on to the fear. I guess it is just a human reaction. Everytime I get a pain anywhere in my abdomen the fear starts to creep in. My doctor is so good...he always orders cat scans to put me at ease. April will be 8 years of survivorship from stage IIb, complete hysterectomy and I just had my yearly appointment. Guess what...I am a nervous wreck waiting for my CA125 results even though I know that I am in good health! I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers!
    Take care
    Jami
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Well, it's true - just because everything has been removed, doesn't mean it can't come back. During my second surgery I had what was called a 'washing', where the pelvic cavity is filled with a saline solution, extracted, and tested for cancer cells. Mine came back totally clear, so I am holding on to that. My doctor didn't do that the first incidence of cancer that I had because the tumor had ruptured upon removal - a washing would have had an obvious conclusion. So, there's never any guarantee, but we'll hope for the best for you. And please keep us informed.

Luv, hugs and prayers!
    Monika

P.S. - 'don't worry about tomorrow - it has enough worries of it's own!'
  • dorion
    dorion Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Good question Nancy, I don't know why I was diagnosed stage 4 and not stage 3, but I do know one thing when I went to my first appointment here in Toronto, he asked me "why were you diagnosed stage 4?" I told me that his guess was a good as mine, he then said that it was stage 3, I don't know. But stage 3 sounds better than stage 4, so I'll hang on to that. You hang in there Jenn, we'll get through this, but as was said, please keep us posted and hopefully you'll come back with good news.
    Linda
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Jenna - I hope you get the good news that you need to hear. You are always so upbeat - but it is hard to stay positive all the time. Every creek of every bone or every pain I wonder - is that it? My theory is that I never knew I had ovarian cancer until I had pain so do I know for sure that it's not back? I'll be thinking of you. Be sure to let us know what you find out. Hugs. Kris
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    dorion said:

Good question Nancy, I don't know why I was diagnosed stage 4 and not stage 3, but I do know one thing when I went to my first appointment here in Toronto, he asked me "why were you diagnosed stage 4?" I told me that his guess was a good as mine, he then said that it was stage 3, I don't know. But stage 3 sounds better than stage 4, so I'll hang on to that. You hang in there Jenn, we'll get through this, but as was said, please keep us posted and hopefully you'll come back with good news.
    Linda

Nancy & Linda - I was also diagnosed with Stage IIIC but it was because my cancer had spread to my omentum - but no other place. I guess I thought Stage 4 was when they found ovarian cancer cells in other parts of the body - like in lung fluids. Another reason that you have to be in charge of your care - to be sure you are getting correct answers. You guys take care! Kris
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I am also stage 3c and they removed my omentum and appendix.
  • kris43 said:

Nancy & Linda - I was also diagnosed with Stage IIIC but it was because my cancer had spread to my omentum - but no other place. I guess I thought Stage 4 was when they found ovarian cancer cells in other parts of the body - like in lung fluids. Another reason that you have to be in charge of your care - to be sure you are getting correct answers. You guys take care! Kris

This comment has been removed by the Moderator