poorly differentiated?

Unknown
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am including a copy of an email I got from SusanLoveMd for all of you sisters, like me, who were told that their tumor was poorly differentiated. Getting this news was scary for me, but a doctor told me that it was good news because the chemo is effective against these poorly differentiated boogers. It is a small thing, but it gives me some hope, and hey, some hope is a big thing.
Hello-

Thank you for contacting the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation Website. Because poorly differentiated cancer cells are doubling faster, chemotherapy drugs which act on dividing cells seem to affect these cells better. There may be another mechanism also. Slower growing cells seem to work better with hormonal agents.

The beast is complicated, and sometimes the complications work in our favor. Hope this brightens someone's day! Incidentally, this website is full of excellent information and the added bonus of being able to ask questions, and get responses is fabulous!
lets keep up the fight...
love,
Joyce

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Hi Joyce, thanks for sharing that with us. This is good news for all of us.
    jan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Joyce~

Yes, thanks for sharing the info with us! Anything positive to give us the strength and courage we need~ for ourselves and our fellow warriors.

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thanks, Joyce, for the knowledge....you know what is said....this is power!

I read an article about the positive effect of positive attitude (we survivors know this a hope...lol) on the cancer outcome....FINALLY this is getting some real press!

Hugs, Kathi