Question about Arimidex study

Options
blue1
blue1 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My first time and wanted to ask if any one has heard of a new study being done on Arimidex. I am 5 years out now and will be going off Arimidex in Aug. My doctor has suggested that I go on this study. He said that reserach has showed that there is a 2% chance that the breast cancer will come back. They are hoping to find through this study if staying on Arimidex for another 5 years or being on a Placebo make a difference. I would be followed and checked for the rest of my life. That part makes me feel good. I haven't decided what to do. Is anyone out there that knows about this study or is on it now. Thanks

Comments

• mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site. You will find some of the greatest people here who will stand ready to help with you any question/s you may have. As for your question about the Arimidex trail, I'm all for clinial trials. I'm on one now for Oncotype testing. My doctor has told me that when I'm finished with my chemo and radiation that I will be on Arimidex. If she can offer me that trial, after my 5 arimidex years, I will definitely take advantage of it. I strongly believe that without these clinical trials, many of us would never have gotten as far as we have in our recovery. I sound like I'm on a soap box, and I don't mean to, but I do feel strongly about improving my odds as well as the odds of our sisters. Thanks for letting me "stand on my soap box." LOL Hugs, Marilynn P.S. Welcome, again.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I will be going off of Arimidex in about 6 months, and I would jump at the chance to be part of a clinical trial! My Onco doc says there are no long term studies on the effectiveness of Arimidex after 5 years...but gosh! what if it does take away the 2% recurrence rate???
    Let us know what you decide! And welcome to CSN!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • blue1
    blue1 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    mgm42 said:

Welcome to this site. You will find some of the greatest people here who will stand ready to help with you any question/s you may have. As for your question about the Arimidex trail, I'm all for clinial trials. I'm on one now for Oncotype testing. My doctor has told me that when I'm finished with my chemo and radiation that I will be on Arimidex. If she can offer me that trial, after my 5 arimidex years, I will definitely take advantage of it. I strongly believe that without these clinical trials, many of us would never have gotten as far as we have in our recovery. I sound like I'm on a soap box, and I don't mean to, but I do feel strongly about improving my odds as well as the odds of our sisters. Thanks for letting me "stand on my soap box." LOL Hugs, Marilynn P.S. Welcome, again.

Thanks so much for your comments. I also was on a Oncotype testing when going through my Chemo. I believe as you that if we don't do some of these things how will we ever find the cure. You can get on your soap box any time:) It's nice to hear these things from those that are going through this and know. It gives me more courage. Thanks Again
  • babs49242
    babs49242 Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Welcome to a wonderful group Blue1!
    I, too, would do the clinical trial. I have 3 more yrs on Arimidex.
    Cindie
  • Juan26
    Juan26 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome.

Please look here:

http://tinyurl.com/2loc64