A better day/Ohilly

Options
ohilly
ohilly Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
To those of you who have been fighting this battle along with me, after my horrible day yesterday, today was a better (beautiful) day: I got my final path report and it was good. The tumor was actually smaller than they thought, but less than 2 cm. and it did not spread to the lymph nodes. They said most of it was actually in situ but that only a little bit was invasive. Now they are sending the sample for that Oncotype test and based on that will tell me whether or not they recommend chemotherapy. I am so happy! Whatever else happens, I made it. Ohilly

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Well, today is a wonderful day for you!!!! Congrats on your path report~ you will be and do just fine! HOOOOOORAY!!!!

hugs,
    Claudia
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Ohilly what wonderful, fantastic news! I am so very happy for you! Keep your chin up you are doing great!

Hugs from Rena
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Congradutlation Ohilly. Now just get some rest and let your family wait on you hand and foot.

Jackie
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    How wonderful and let's do the HAPPY DANCE. Great news. Angela
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!!! It takes about 2 - 3 weeks for the Oncotype test results to get back to your doctors, but its well worth the wait. Whatever the test's results are, you will have the confidence that the treatment choice is the medically correct one for you. Even though mine was "high risk" 36/100 or 24%,and meant chemo, I KNOW that the chemo was absolutely necessary for me to lower my rate of recurrence. Good going Phyllis. You're doing your thing. I could do a dance of joy for you. Hugs, Marilynn
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    That is great news! You've caught it really early and you'll be just fine. I can feel your joy and I'm so happy for you.

Big Hug
    jan
  • ladybluepgh
    ladybluepgh Member Posts: 76
    Options
    congratulations!!! so happy to hear that path report was good...now your on the road to recovery..you go girl!!!
  • WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAPPY DANCE!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    What wonderful news ohilly. Let's all do the happy dance. HOOORRRAAAYYYYY!!! Lili
  • I am so glad for you. You have been through a lot and now you will get some side effects - knowledge of how strong you are, appreciation of life, joy, and sisterhood!
    love,
    Joyce