Another 6 months down! YEA!!!

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, I went to my 6-month onc visit today. She had a new PA, who said "You are the story we LOVE to tell!!!" ALL of my markers are clear, my white count is normal for the first time in 3 years...NED on the rectal ca for 3 years, NED on the breast ca 2.5 years....CT scan clear...WHEW!

LOTS of naked happy dancing tonight!!!!!!!

Also, my beau went for his heart checkup today...not a single bad rhythm to be found!!!!! We are both so normal, that we are sped in and out of the appointments...his doc was grinning from ear to ear..."I never thought I would see this day with you....3 years ago we were ready to ablate the AV node...and NOW look...good work!"

Thanks to all of you here, my breast buddies, for the support...I could not have done it without you!!!!!

On to travel and fun! I am officially semi-retired, so this is the start of a new life!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Kathi - congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! You need to dance, dance, dance. Just don't dance away from CSN. I would miss you terribly. You need a NED doll and NED hug. Hugs, Marilynn
  • Such good news! I can imagine how you feel, and imagining your happiness brings the same to me. Thank you for sharing! Maybe I will do a little naked dancing myself.
    love,
    Joyce
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathi,

Congrats on the great onc visit, that is FANTASTIC news! I am so happy for your and congrats for your beau too! Now is the time to go out and enjoy your retirement!!! Wishing you continued health!

Rena
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Way to go, Kathi and Hans!!!! I was just wondering if the picture of you Happily Dancing Naked on your passport gets you through customs faster or is a hindrance!!! :-)

Happy Love Life, Happy Traveling, Happy Semi-retirement, Happy HEALTH!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    Kathi,
    How absolutely wonderful for both of you. How did the dance go last night...hehehe. You are so strong and how great that both of you can now just go forward. Kudos to you, Angela
  • KathiM
    Options
    chenheart said:

Way to go, Kathi and Hans!!!! I was just wondering if the picture of you Happily Dancing Naked on your passport gets you through customs faster or is a hindrance!!! :-)

Happy Love Life, Happy Traveling, Happy Semi-retirement, Happy HEALTH!!!!

Hugs,
    Claudia

It's faster, because I already HAVE my shoes off...lol...

Hugs, Kathi
  • jackiemanz
    jackiemanz Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Congradulation to both you and Hans. Best Wishes and Happy Traveling. Enjoy your semi retirement you deserve it.

Big Hug to ya.
    Jackie
  • mgm42 said:

Kathi - congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! You need to dance, dance, dance. Just don't dance away from CSN. I would miss you terribly. You need a NED doll and NED hug. Hugs, Marilynn

I've learned a lot of lingo but am embarassed to admit..I don't know what NED stands for. BUt it must be a good thing! Can anyone fill me in?
    Thanks,
    Joyce
  • KathiM
    Options
    unknown said:

I've learned a lot of lingo but am embarassed to admit..I don't know what NED stands for. BUt it must be a good thing! Can anyone fill me in?
    Thanks,
    Joyce

No problem....

No Evidence of Disease. NED....the closest thing to CURE some oncologists will ever say to us....

Hugs, Kathi
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hey Kathi:
    Congrats to you and Hans for the great news. enjoy your semi-retirement you both deserve it. How did the naked dancing go? Bet it didn't last long. Lili