cyclophosamide side effects?

Options
aussie59
aussie59 Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Everyone, I have a question I was wondering if anyone has tried oral Cyclophosamide I would like to known its effectiveness and in particular the side effects. One thing that does concern me is that it is supposed to be harsh on your bladder. I am concerned on the effects it may have on my kidneys and my bladder as I had complete rental failure five weeks ago requiring three days in ICU to stabilize me and then further one and a half weeks in hospital to get my numbers to an acceptable level. Thankfully at the moment my creatinine is just about normal and my potassium and urea are normal as well. I would like to try the cyclophosamide but I realise I have to be very careful with my renal function as well. My onc wants me to continue with doxil but my gyn/onc believes I should be on cyclophosmide. Irene

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear from you, Irene. Hope you get the info you want. My onc and gyn/onc do not always agree either which is a delima for me. So far, I have hesitated questioning them on the difference of opinion. Maybe we should??? Saundra