25th anniversary

branzburg2
branzburg2 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of my colon cancer operation. I was 34 years old at the time, with a wife and 4 year old son. It was the most trying of times. The support of my family and friends was paramount in my recovery. I had an annual colonoscopy for a while after, then every two years, now every three. Doc says I could go to 5, but I'm more comfortable with 3.

This group - and the Internet - didn't exist back then. Too bad. Support and communications with fellow survivors would have added to my life.

All in all, glad to be here!

Comments

• jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Congrats love the good stories.
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Hi Bransburg,
    Thanks for posting particularly with such an awesome tale of survival. Congratulations not only for surviving cancer but surviving survival , life after cancer is rarely easy. MY best wishes to you and your family,Ron.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Congrats on the anniversary.....and, I agree 100% that support makes all the difference!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KierstenRx
    KierstenRx Member Posts: 249
    That is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing your story. I had my surgery 1 year ago (stage III rectal caner, 32 years old). While I am NED, I still wonder if I will be here 20,30,40 years down the road. Your story gives me hope.

Kiersten
  • nudgie
    nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Congrats on the 25th anniversary. That is awesome!!!!
  • hopefulone
    hopefulone Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    Congrats! Awesome and ... All in all... we are so happy that you are here to share the hope! God Bless ( I'm in favor of the 3 year as you are!)
    Diane
  • Moesimo
    Moesimo Member Posts: 1,072 Member
    Congrats!!!

You give us all hope. I am coming up on 5 years and had a scope last week, I am on the 2 year plan.

Maureen