bone met skull

Options
HollyT
HollyT Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 1997. It went to my ribs in 2003. Ihave been the same until now when I have a lesion in my skull. the doc wants to put me on Doxil every three wks with my Zometta. anyone else out there

Comments

• survivor51
    survivor51 Member Posts: 276
    Options
    I've not heard of it but you can call the 18002272345 it is from ACS and they are 24/7. They might can or advise. Also check on the www.mayoclinic.com and put under search. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Hi Holly, I haven't experienced that (yet) but Doxil is a reformulated brand of Adriamycin. In fact I think it's the same except it's carrier to the cells is different. I think Doxil is like a slow release med. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's my understanding that they don't give it to you twice due to it's toxicity. Did you have AC for your previous cancers? I'm sorry you have to go through this.
    If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know. We'll be sending you good energy.
    jan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options

Hi Holly, I haven't experienced that (yet) but Doxil is a reformulated brand of Adriamycin. In fact I think it's the same except it's carrier to the cells is different. I think Doxil is like a slow release med. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's my understanding that they don't give it to you twice due to it's toxicity. Did you have AC for your previous cancers? I'm sorry you have to go through this.
    If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know. We'll be sending you good energy.
    jan

Doxorubicin is the drug name for Adriamycin. This is the one that is limited, also because of the risk of heart damage (sadly, I know first hand....after 3...but then I got every side effect in the book...lol). I went to the Cancer information part of this site, and Doxil is not listed...

There are other drugs that can be used. Keep your chin up. I am sorry you have to face this all again....I am sending big, healthy vibes...

Hugs, Kathi