re-occurance of colon cancer in lymph node

Options
meemaa
meemaa Member Posts: 25
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
3 1/2 years after colon cancer surgery and chemo. Re-occured in lymph node, surgery. What kind of treatments are there out there

Comments

• vinny3
    vinny3 Member Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Your note is short but it sounds as if they removed the lymph node. Where was it? I'm assuming you have been scanned. Likely they will recommend further chemo. Get back to us with more information if you can. We would like to help.

• meemaa
    meemaa Member Posts: 25
    Options
    vinny3 said:

Your note is short but it sounds as if they removed the lymph node. Where was it? I'm assuming you have been scanned. Likely they will recommend further chemo. Get back to us with more information if you can. We would like to help.

PS the lymph node was deep in his abdomen by the artery that feeds the bowel. sorry I am new at the discussion group stuff....... Mary B.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Chemo, radiation seems to be the classic treatment. Has he had a PET scan to check for other locations? Did he have radiation the first time?

Hugs, Kathi
  • dash4
    dash4 Member Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am not sure if it is the same, but my husband was Stage IV 10/04 and his reoccurence in 10/05 was a lymph node deep in his abdomen and also 2 in his chest. He started with weekly erbitux and biweekly irinotecan in 11/05. This has kept him stable and only recently slight progression into his lungs. It is worth asking about. You may have other options though since there is only one lymph node involved. My husband could not do radiation or surgery due to the locations.
    Keeping you in my prayers.
    Mary Kay