Friday Riddle / Teaser

Options
nudgie
nudgie Member Posts: 1,478 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Car Conundrum: There are four cars - a red one, a white one, a blue one and a green one. They belong to four friends - John, David, Amy and Mary and are parked next to each other in a street. Amy's car is to the right of the blue car, which is to the right of Mary's. John doesn't like white or blue cars. David's car is not next to John's car and is next to a red car. John and Mary are the only two who have letters in their nae which are also in the colours of their far. Who drives which car?

Comments

• StacyGleaso
    StacyGleaso Member Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Couldn't resist this one.....
    Green car belongs to John
    Red car belongs to Mary
    Blue car belongs to David
    White car belongs to Amy
  • jerseysue
    jerseysue Member Posts: 624 Member
    Options

Red car belongs to Mary
    White car belongs to Amy

My brain doesn't even want to figure out these riddles I'm even surprised I looked but I guess I was suspose to tell you hello. Hope all is going well.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    MY old-lady chemo brain stopped at 'Conundrum'...rofl!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Kathi
  • shmurciakova
    shmurciakova Member Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Stacy wins, since she figured it out before I did! LOL...Hey, that isn't fair, I'm on the West Coast..
    answer: same as Stacy's
  • jams67
    jams67 Member Posts: 925 Member
    Options

Red car belongs to Mary
    White car belongs to Amy

I got the same answer that Stacy got so we must be right. Since you were first Stacy, I guess you win the money.
    Jo Ann
  • Limey
    Limey Member Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    No one drives. they’re all alcoholics and they all lost there license. they may own a car but the all ride the bus.
    These are easy.
    Mark
  • PGLGreg
    PGLGreg Member Posts: 731
    Options

Red car belongs to Mary
    White car belongs to Amy

Or maybe Mary's car is green, David's is blue, Amy's is red, and John's is white, if it's possible for John to have a car whose color he dislikes.

Greg
  • spongebob
    spongebob Member Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Limey said:

No one drives. they’re all alcoholics and they all lost there license. they may own a car but the all ride the bus.
    These are easy.
    Mark

I agree with Mark. He has the right answer - I don't care what Stacy says. Besides, what does she know, she can't even spell Stacey!

But, Mark, your answer begs the question:

14 alcoholics who lost their license are sitting on a public bus; including John, David, Amy and Mary, with three vacant seats as shown. Pablo, gets on the bus and sits in the first vacant sit, next to the window. He notices that there are the same number of girls in front of and behind him.

Where's Carla Lawson?
  • Dawn4Him
    Dawn4Him Member Posts: 9
    Options
    spongebob said:

I agree with Mark. He has the right answer - I don't care what Stacy says. Besides, what does she know, she can't even spell Stacey!

But, Mark, your answer begs the question:

14 alcoholics who lost their license are sitting on a public bus; including John, David, Amy and Mary, with three vacant seats as shown. Pablo, gets on the bus and sits in the first vacant sit, next to the window. He notices that there are the same number of girls in front of and behind him.

Where's Carla Lawson?

Hi! Although I'm new, I'll guess that Carla didn't want to get on the bus with all those alcoholics, and, instead, took the red and white checkered cab that was parallel parked between the green and blue cars. While driving to her destination, she poses the following question to her driver:

Does the knower, in knowing the known, know it as it is or as it is known?

:-)
    Dawn
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Dawn4Him said:

Hi! Although I'm new, I'll guess that Carla didn't want to get on the bus with all those alcoholics, and, instead, took the red and white checkered cab that was parallel parked between the green and blue cars. While driving to her destination, she poses the following question to her driver:

Does the knower, in knowing the known, know it as it is or as it is known?

:-)
    Dawn

And Further, if the knower forgets the known, and then remembers it again...does he/she become renowned?

Hugs, Kathi